View Full Version : Cant Afford a GTX580?.. Nvidia released the 570

Dorsilfin
12-08-10, 11:48 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gtx-570-us.html

newegg has em around 350.

Trying to find a better deal.

DrPop
12-08-10, 01:07 PM
Hmmm. Are you looking for the CUDA love, or just lots of points?

It's almost unbelievable, but you can actually get a HD5870 from Newegg for $250 after rebate now! That's $100 less. Not sure the points difference per day, but it also draws 50watts less under load than the GTX570.

I know, a fast CUDA card would be sweet, though...If they keep the credits up on PG, it might almost be worth it! ;)

Dorsilfin
12-08-10, 01:19 PM
Hmmm. Are you looking for the CUDA love, or just lots of points?

It's almost unbelievable, but you can actually get a HD5870 from Newegg for $250 after rebate now! That's $100 less. Not sure the points difference per day, but it also draws 50watts less under load than the GTX570.

I know, a fast CUDA card would be sweet, though...If they keep the credits up on PG, it might almost be worth it! ;)

Im a Nvidia Fanboy for life.. Not once have I ran an ATI card in my rigs.

Im always looking but never able to justify a high end card right now. Could I at the drop of a hat order up dual 580's ..yup.. just cant figure that 1000 bucks being worth anything to me right now aside from some points .. I just dont game enough/extreme enough to warrant the purchase.

DrPop
12-08-10, 01:49 PM
Ah, I see. Well, you must be LOVING the new PG CUDA app! I'll bet your RAC is going to fly upward if you have solid Nvidia cards! :)\m/

Dorsilfin
12-08-10, 01:59 PM
Ah, I see. Well, you must be LOVING the new PG CUDA app! I'll bet your RAC is going to fly upward if you have solid Nvidia cards! :)\m/

Im seeing some of the biggest numbers my machines have ever produced =) So yes.. PG is my new bread and butter. at least through the challenge before i shut things back down to go into econo save money on the electric bill mode :D