PDA

View Full Version : Running BOINC with i7 980 and ATI6 or 7000 series Cards on WinXP64

Cruncher Pete
08-27-12, 03:18 AM
OK. It is my turn to seek help. As stated in the Title, I am running the latest BOINC Drivers, (7.028 and also tried 7.031), the latest AMD or ATI Drivers (8/12) (and have tried 4/12) on WinXP64 yet all I am getting is that "No compatible drivers are found." The drivers are recognized in Devise Manager and I am using my standard cc.config that works in other machines that runs win7.

I have just installed the system in two machines as Micky Mouse refused to activate my Family Pack of Win 7 that I am supposed to be able to activate ON three machines. Verbally, on the phone I am told that it is no longer a supported AND OR ADVERTISED PRODUCT and they will refuse to refund me the money that I paid for this November Last year on line. I can not fight them, it is beyond my means for they have the best lawyers available to them so all I can do is to say stuff you, I will never purchase another product from you again. I would like to go Linux but again, there is some problem with Ubuntu and ATI driver support. Has anybody had this problem before on WinXP64 and if so what is the answer.? I have paid for this product, yet I am told that it is installed on25 computers. Bull Shit. I never had 25 computers in the first place and secondly some of my total holdings of 10 computers contain not just Win7 but XP32 and or Linux and a couple of winXP64. If by any chance some Microsoft employee is reading this, I need your help for you are robbing me...

I do not care for Microsoft products anymore for this is twice bitten. Many years ago, I wanted to study Borland Programming at the time when Microsoft took it over. It cost me over $600.00, Due to RL issues, I was never ever able to install that product and or use it and when I wanted to do so twelve months or so later, I was told that I purchased the product for a previous operating system and that is no longer available and I must pay some hundreds of Dollars again to upgrade it. BULL SHIT. I wonder how many times can Microsoft do this to us? :mad:.

DrPop
08-29-12, 11:51 PM
Cruncher Pete, I think I have a solution, my man. Please check your PM box! ;)