PDA

View Full Version : New nVidia beta drivers out

Nuadormrac
08-29-12, 02:00 AM
I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but guess it sorta fits here. Not needing help, but rather tipping peeps off about this. Driver set 306.2 for nVidia gfx cards is now out. It was dated from about a day ago, but yesterday the link from nVidia's own website only brought up the 32-bit driver set. Not useful for Windows 64, as they're not compatible (didn't expect they'd be), and gave a wrong version of Windows error anyhow.

Tonight the win64 drivers for 306.2 beta set are out... Given I'm still eating through the SIMAP WUs I bunkered for Friday, it's running DIRT, so not a whole host of tasks to check on. But for DIRT, according to GPU-Z, the graphics chip in my laptop here is running about 3-4 degrees C cooler then it ran in 304.79... I'll have to wait till it has turned some units in to see what happens with crunching time.... It seems to be around 54 and 55 C, rather then 57-59 C on the GPU (actually restarting the task it was in the middle of, before I loaded the new drivers)....

Oh, and fingers crossed, but the win64 variant of IE 9 isn't crashing everytime it's loaded :lol: Course the 32-bit variant only crashed sometimes, with the win64 all the time. That annoying lil bug might have been fixed though....