PDA

View Full Version : XFX 5870 RMA'd

Mike029
08-30-12, 09:16 PM
Damn fax went on the 5870. Thank goodness it's an XFX with it's lifetime warranty. Took 5mins on the phone but will take about two weeks to get the card there and back. I'm going to be down about 400k and hurting to keep my rac above a mil. a day. Sorry guys.

P.S. I was told by the XFX guy NOT to buy gpus right now. He says XFX IS coming out with a 7990 but that it will not be cheaper than two 7970's. Timeline, one week to 10 days. This was not right from his mouth of course as he could get into trouble. "hint, hint" Anyway I'm psyched. Daddy is getting a new toy soon. :D

John P. Myers
08-30-12, 09:51 PM
Good to hear it's getting taken care of :)

And yes, as i reported in another thread, AMD is failing to make any 7990 reference cards so each individual company has to do their own R&D which is driving the cost up a bit. But it's good to know they'll be out soon.

On a side note, it's almost september and Nvidia's GTX 780 (28nm manufacturing process, 7.1 billion transistors, 384-bit memory interface, 15 SMX units with 192 CUDA Cores each, making for a total of 2880 CUDA Cores) is expected to be out before the end of the year as is AMD's 8000 series, which is prolly why he told you not to buy a GPU :)

Al
08-30-12, 10:17 PM
Damn fax went on the 5870. Thank goodness it's an XFX with it's lifetime warranty. Took 5mins on the phone but will take about two weeks to get the card there and back. I'm going to be down about 400k and hurting to keep my rac above a mil. a day. Sorry guys.

P.S. I was told by the XFX guy NOT to buy gpus right now. He says XFX IS coming out with a 7990 but that it will not be cheaper than two 7970's. Timeline, one week to 10 days. This was not right from his mouth of course as he could get into trouble. "hint, hint" Anyway I'm psyched. Daddy is getting a new toy soon. :D

Must be going around...I lost the fan on one of my 5870's today too.

Fire$torm
08-30-12, 10:42 PM
Must be going around...I lost the fan on one of my 5870's today too.

Well don't blame me for the epidemic.....

Mike029
08-30-12, 11:20 PM

HAAHAHHAHAHAH!!

I won't but next time you gotta fix it.:p I can't remember who posted about XFX, (perhaps Bryan) So far it has been the best customer service experience I have ever had. Beats both Asus and Sapphire. Sapphire not too bad. Asus Sucks. I'll continue to report on the XFX experience. One additional tidbit, he said that XFX was still giving lifetime warranties on gpu's with two fans. Need to confirm this of course but good info.

DrPop
08-31-12, 04:17 AM

Well, I figured I better get to the bottom of this - our fans burnin' out, just who can we diss?
It was simply quite plain it couldn't be Herman Cane. He was too good with the ladies that would just be insane.
I thought about Perry or even Ron Paul - but with their lack of tech savvy, knew they wouldn't do at all. Gingrich was obviously hiding a little, but we all said his plan simply wasn't worth diddle.
Romney made it clear he just didn't care, probably cause he wore that magic long underwear. Some time he was buyin' so he suggested Ryan. His soap box too small, I wasn't listening at all; resting my head on the table I heard him shout "cable"!
Aha! Says I, there's a station close by. With my boards in the woodie, we had a quick boogie,
to the media hounds where muck raking abounds.
So I asked the news anchor in a cute little blouse, just who I should blame?, and she said "the House".
So I put in a call to our good Speaker Boener, and he said relax, he knew just who was meaner. Of course you know that he then passed the buck to the senate. But, when I looked at Reid's suit...there was nothin' in it!
So I finally gave in and phoned the old lama - and what did he say, but, "blame Obama!" That sounded quite neat but Carney said it was just a repeat; then told me his job was so perfect and cush he'd place the blame squarely on Bush.
That got me to musing with Bush's hot daughter- but she just laughed and said not to bother. Dad's so dumb, it could've only been - Billie Bo Bum.
She was hintin' at Clinton, you know what I mean, yet to find the answer I was still pretty keene.
Next, I asked Old Billie Bo Bum, and he said , why fo sho you gotta blame Bush #1!
Damn hard to get hold of that old guesser, but hen I did, he implored me NOT to blame his predecessor.
The old man seemed genuine in his beggin' to not tarnish the name of our dear old Reagan. Since so many folks on both sides like him, I easily agreed - if just on a whim.
So we struck up a barter, and on the record he blames: former President Carter!
I finally found Carter peacing out with some wine, and he said, son, everything's gonna be just fine. But, you're wasting your time, 'cause you're at the end of the line. Everyone before me is dead, so now just go to bed.
So...off to bed I go, all tired and worn... and the only one left to blame is our good friend - Fire$torm! ;)
G'night everyone! :D

John P. Myers
08-31-12, 06:09 AM
Oh no! DrPop is suffering from an RNC overload! Somebody help this man!

8-}

DrPop
08-31-12, 09:55 AM
Oh no! DrPop is suffering from an RNC overload! Somebody help this man!

8-}

Hehe! :)); It started in my mind as " blame Obama" and then "blame Bush" thing....but I was tired and in a silly mood so it escalated from there.
Clearly they all presented the evidence that it's Fire$torm's fault though! ;)

Al
08-31-12, 10:07 AM
Got the replacement fan for mine this morning. Turns out it wasn't an exact :mad: replacement, the wire retainer was a bit too wide to allow it to seat properly. Snip, snip and it seated. My 5870 is now back on the job and running about 8 degrees cooler than it did before.

Fire$torm
08-31-12, 10:22 AM
Hehe! :)); It started in my mind as " blame Obama" and then "blame Bush" thing....but I was tired and in a silly mood so it escalated from there.
Clearly they all presented the evidence that it's Fire$torm's fault though! ;)

Oh well, when it rains it pours. And ya' know that water is fire's Bane.....

Mike029
08-31-12, 10:32 AM
Well, I figured I better get to the bottom of this - our fans burnin' out, just who can we diss?
It was simply quite plain it couldn't be Herman Cane. He was too good with the ladies that would just be insane.
I thought about Perry or even Ron Paul - but with their lack of tech savvy, knew they wouldn't do at all. Gingrich was obviously hiding a little, but we all said his plan simply wasn't worth diddle.
Romney made it clear he just didn't care, probably cause he wore that magic long underwear. Some time he was buyin' so he suggested Ryan. His soap box too small, I wasn't listening at all; resting my head on the table I heard him shout "cable"!
Aha! Says I, there's a station close by. With my boards in the woodie, we had a quick boogie,
to the media hounds where muck raking abounds.
So I asked the news anchor in a cute little blouse, just who I should blame?, and she said "the House".
So I put in a call to our good Speaker Boener, and he said relax, he knew just who was meaner. Of course you know that he then passed the buck to the senate. But, when I looked at Reid's suit...there was nothin' in it!
So I finally gave in and phoned the old lama - and what did he say, but, "blame Obama!" That sounded quite neat but Carney said it was just a repeat; then told me his job was so perfect and cush he'd place the blame squarely on Bush.
That got me to musing with Bush's hot daughter- but she just laughed and said not to bother. Dad's so dumb, it could've only been - Billie Bo Bum.
She was hintin' at Clinton, you know what I mean, yet to find the answer I was still pretty keene.
Next, I asked Old Billie Bo Bum, and he said , why fo sho you gotta blame Bush #1!
Damn hard to get hold of that old guesser, but hen I did, he implored me NOT to blame his predecessor.
The old man seemed genuine in his beggin' to not tarnish the name of our dear old Reagan. Since so many folks on both sides like him, I easily agreed - if just on a whim.
So we struck up a barter, and on the record he blames: former President Carter!
I finally found Carter peacing out with some wine, and he said, son, everything's gonna be just fine. But, you're wasting your time, 'cause you're at the end of the line. Everyone before me is dead, so now just go to bed.
So...off to bed I go, all tired and worn... and the only one left to blame is our good friend - Fire$torm! ;)
G'night everyone! :D

Well done my friend. ;)

@Al, That was quick. Glad your back up and running.

@F$, I knew it was F$ (AKA Colonel Mustard), in the Library with the Candlestick. :))

Fire$torm
09-01-12, 04:03 PM
... @F$, I knew it was F$ (AKA Colonel Mustard), in the Library with the Candlestick. :))

Why I otta....... !#%^&(#$^&U#&@%*%

:))