PDA

View Full Version : XFX Customer Support

Bryan
12-08-10, 09:08 PM
One of my 5870s started getting slower and slower when crunching DNETC due to the VRM getting too hot. I had to keep downclocking it until finally got down to stock speeds. Finally even at stock speed if I hit it with DNETC it would instantly cause a failure and lock the computer requiring a hard reset.

I sent 2 cards in for repair, this one and one that had a fan failure. While I was on vacation I got an email saying one card had been replaced with a new one and that they were unable to duplicate the failure on the 2nd. I assumed the fan had started working again.

Wrong, the card with the bad fan had been replaced with a new card and the one that wouldn't run DNETC was the one they couldn't find a problem with.

I called XFX Technical Support and explained what had happened. The guy was familar with both Folding and BOINC and when I explained the failure mode and that it was high temperature on VRM1 he conceded there was a problem with the card.

XFX is sending me a new card.

Folks this is what I call customer support! The purpose of this post is just to give a data point when considering which GPU vendor to purchase your cards from.

joker
12-08-10, 09:32 PM
Glad to hear since I keep pushing their 5830....which I own and love so far. :)

c303a
12-09-10, 10:04 AM
I have 3 XFX cards and have had reasons to RMA and call tech support. They Replaced my 9800 GTX, My 9600GSO but could not duplicate the black screen on my GTS260. They really tried and went out of there way to help. I finally agreed to take back the 260 and for some reason it is running great.
There support people have been fantastic. Oh, I didn't mention that they did all of this on re-manned cards. If I can find the card I want I will not buy any other one then XFX. I also have the XFX nForce 780i 3 Waly SLI motherboard and had a small problem setting it up and they took the time to walk me through it step by step. Bet it took an hour to do.