PDA

View Full Version : Windows server 2008R2 utility to monitor user statistics?

NJCaNS
09-08-12, 01:37 PM
Normally performance monitoring isn't a big deal to my needs on Window servers. Basically use the built in performance monitors to spot check general performance. But recently we put up 2 servers with a dozen plus user RD'ing in to run jobs. Besides general resource utilization of memeory, processors disk I/O and NIC bandwidth, the users want metrics broken down by user and project (groups of users). Not great at witting my own code but was wondering if anyone knew of a application/tool/package that I could use to gather server information like this? Or point to some possibilities.

Thanks in advance for any expertize or advise in this area?

DrPop
09-12-12, 12:58 PM
WOW! It's NJCanS. Man, was wondering if you fell off the square edge of the world! :)) :D Just kidding. Ah, wish I had the smarts to help you on this, but I don't know the first thing about writing code. Hopefully someone can pitch in here soon for you! Nice to see you though, and I just wanted to let you know you've been missed.
Jed

Fire$torm
09-13-12, 03:46 PM
If no one here has an answer for you maybe drop BOK 's crew a note on Free-DC or Crunch3r over at BOINC United.

NJCaNS
09-16-12, 01:37 AM
WOW! It's NJCanS. Man, was wondering if you fell off the square edge of the world! :)) :D Just kidding. Ah, wish I had the smarts to help you on this, but I don't know the first thing about writing code. Hopefully someone can pitch in here soon for you! Nice to see you though, and I just wanted to let you know you've been missed.
Jed
Haven't fell off. Just standing near the edge peeking over. Drastic changes at work and significant ones at home keeping me busy. Security will eventually shut down most of my crunchers at work. In the meantime working WUProp, FreeHal and got LHC over 1 million.

Notice the team's making significant impacts in BOINC-land. Collecting some billion point projects. Nice going.
Adding many new crunchers including some a couple of big impact ones. Also very nice to see.