PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT BUY AN IPHONE5!!!!

John P. Myers
09-11-12, 07:40 PM
First of all, Apple is garbage anyway. Buy a Samsung. :p (but seriously)

Did you know Apple uses Samsung's chips to make their iphones and ipads work in the first place? They do.

Anyway, it seems Apple's 4G LTE patents aren't quite right and they are being sued by Samsung *and* HTC (HTC filed against Apple first). Oops. It's a shame that Apple only won against Samsung in the US when every other country had the sense to see through Apple's vague declarations. Apple is not likely to win this lawsuit from Samsung and HTC both, and it's highly possible that the result will be a banned iphone5 and the current ipad.

Maxwell
09-11-12, 08:07 PM
Oh good. As if I needed further reason for my hatred of all things iSh1t... :cool:

Mike029
09-11-12, 08:12 PM
Oh good. As if I needed further reason for my hatred of all things iSh1t... :cool:
+1

Duke of Buckingham
09-11-12, 08:26 PM
Confusion, frustration, anticipation? It can only be the iPhone 5.

Or should I say 4s?

zombie67
09-11-12, 09:09 PM
Yes, everyone knows that apple and all other phone manufacturers use samsung components. That's what makes these law suits so funny and messy. It's like a wife and husband suing each other while still staying happily married. They're screwing each other, while they're screwing each other!

And why not buy an iphone 5 if that's what you want? You think the man will come and confiscate your phone? That's not how it works, even if apple were to lose a law suit. Apple could be required to pay the plaintiffs and/or stop selling any more phones. Just like with the lawsuit that samsung recently lost against apple. But that will have nothing to do with a phone that a user already bought.

Fire$torm
09-11-12, 10:32 PM

+1

++2

John P. Myers
09-11-12, 10:42 PM
Yes, everyone knows that apple and all other phone manufacturers use samsung components. That's what makes these law suits so funny and messy. It's like a wife and husband suing each other while still staying happily married. They're screwing each other, while they're screwing each other!

And why not buy an iphone 5 if that's what you want? You think the man will come and confiscate your phone? That's not how it works, even if apple were to lose a law suit. Apple could be required to pay the plaintiffs and/or stop selling any more phones. Just like with the lawsuit that samsung recently lost against apple. But that will have nothing to do with a phone that a user already bought.

Oh it absolutely will when you need tech support. Replacement parts? Replacement phone? Forget about it, or be prepared to wait an extended period of time for service.

zombie67
09-11-12, 10:49 PM
Oh it absolutely will when you need tech support. Replacement parts? Replacement phone? Forget about it, or be prepared to wait an extended period of time for service.

Hmm. Not my experience at all. Problem? They just give you a replacement. No need for replacement parts.

Or maybe you are you talking about because of a potential ban on selling new phones? That does not apply to service replacements. Remember, the goal of court orders like that is to punish the loser of the law suit. Not the consumer. For example, if Ford was banned from selling new F150 trucks, that would not apply to service parts for people who already own F150s.