PDA

View Full Version : Moved my GPU's around and nothing is working correctly.

Mike029
09-17-12, 11:56 PM
No good deed goes unpunished. Can't get the gpus to play nice together. :mad:

Trying to place a 560ti, 5870 and a 5970 in the same box. What is the best way to get this to work? Cuda in 1 5870 with riser in 2 and 5970 in 3? 2 Dummy plugs for the 2 amd cards or do I need three casue the 5970 has two gpu? Never needed it before just checking. What version of Boinc should I run? :confused: Want to run Poem on the cuda 4 on 4 core (AMD cpu with 6 cores) 2 free cores to feed the 5970 and the 5870 on Milk while we are on that.

What do you think? Remove the amd gpus, uninstall the amd drivers and install cuda first? What a pain in the A$$..

I'll try to fix it tomorrow. At least the 560ti running 4 on 4 cores @95% is crunching Poem. Milk is going to take a hit till I fix this. :mad:

One other thing the AMD card is now giving me this a s an error,
9/17/2012 11:55:33 PM | Milkyway@Home | [error] Missing coprocessor for task ps_separation_09_2s_sample_2_1341007502_44779901_0 ; aborting

Any ideas? I'm running 12.8 drivers and 7.0.25 Boinc

Mr. Hankey
09-18-12, 01:08 AM
Yea, I feel your pain... I had one of my gpu's out for RMA, and I got it back plugged it back in and now poem will not run on either gpu with both in the box. (2-5870s) I know I don't have enough cpu to run both on poem so I exclude one or the other but neither will run. Donate doesn't seem to like the dual system now either. sigh.....

Bryan
09-18-12, 01:32 AM
I've never ran 3 mixed cards in a box BUT I used to run dual ATIs w/ GTX 570.

The ATI MUST be in the 1st slot and driver installed and running. Then install the Cuda card. If the Cuda is installed in the 1st slot then the ATI won't be recognized (at least that was my experience).

Anyway, I had 5 machines running both Cuda and ATI and I had no problem if I installed the ATI 1st and then the cuda.

The only problem I had with the dual ATI cards mixed with a GTX 570 was on Donate. If running only the ATI (Cuda turned off) then both ATI GPUs would crunch perfectly. If I had the Cuda turned on (crunching DirT) then the 1st ATI GPU in either a 5970 or 6990 would work okay but the 2nd would immediately error every WU. This was true in 2 different machines ... 1 w/ 5970/570 and 1 w/ 6990/570.

zombie67
09-18-12, 01:36 AM
Problem is that nvidia must be in the first slot to make it work on POEM, at least in my experience.

Bryan
09-18-12, 02:02 AM
Could be Z ... I never really ran POEM.

I never could get my machines to recognize the ATI card if the Cuda was in the 1st slot. It may be I was doing something wrong -or- the drivers have changed. When I went to mixed cards CAT 11.5 was the latest driver. I upgraded the drivers later but didn't change the configuration so I don't know if anything changed.

Mike029
09-18-12, 06:14 PM
Could be Z ... I never really ran POEM.

I never could get my machines to recognize the ATI card if the Cuda was in the 1st slot. It may be I was doing something wrong -or- the drivers have changed. When I went to mixed cards CAT 11.5 was the latest driver. I upgraded the drivers later but didn't change the configuration so I don't know if anything changed.

I am having this problem on my Asus M4A89GTD/Pro/USB3 with a 6 core AMD. I can not get the machine to recognize any AMD GPU. I tried running the AMD in slot 0 and then Poem would not run. I did not try any other cuda project as we are in the Blitz. Any ideas? Either fixing Poem. No milk for now guys. Sorry.

Fire$torm
09-18-12, 06:43 PM
Hmmmm...

Give this a try.
1) Pull cards 2 & 3 then boot into safe mode. Once Windows shows your desktop reboot normally and then try crunching.

2) Shutdown system and add 2nd card and repeat the safe mode bit. Reboot and crunch. If it works then add card 3rd card and repeat.

3) If none of the above work and nothing else you try works then pull apart all your systems, ship them off to me and take up bowling.......... :P :))

Bryan
09-18-12, 10:25 PM
Hmmmm...

Give this a try.

3) If none of the above work and nothing else you try works then pull apart all your systems, ship them off to me and take up bowling.......... :P :))

:)) =))

Duke of Buckingham
09-18-12, 10:44 PM
I am having this problem on my Asus M4A89GTD/Pro/USB3 with a 6 core AMD. I can not get the machine to recognize any AMD GPU. I tried running the AMD in slot 0 and then Poem would not run. I did not try any other cuda project as we are in the Blitz. Any ideas? Either fixing Poem. No milk for now guys. Sorry.

:p I had one Asus that had an internal GPU something like G31 or G33 and I needed to go to the Bios to disable the GPU to put any other GPU to run.

I had another Asus that if the system didn't detected enough PSU power. Started the GPU but didn't recognize then that was a p5kpl motherboard I think. :o

I am formed on Asus problems. :D

If nothing works don't believe on F$, send those machines to the Crazy Duke at Portugal. I will take good care of them all. They will have all the love they need. :x

http://www.clipartheaven.com/clipart/computers/loving_the_computer.gif

http://yarpnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/parents-against-computing-take-action-yarpnews.jpg

Mike029
09-19-12, 01:34 PM
Hmmmm...

Give this a try.
1) Pull cards 2 & 3 then boot into safe mode. Once Windows shows your desktop reboot normally and then try crunching.

2) Shutdown system and add 2nd card and repeat the safe mode bit. Reboot and crunch. If it works then add card 3rd card and repeat.

Got the 560ti and the 5870 to work together. Now for the 5970.

eruda
09-28-12, 01:46 AM
never succeed when mix A and N into one box...
but I think u can refer to Uncle 'nobodyk' on equn.com, he is good at mixing them together~=D=

Mike029
09-28-12, 11:39 AM
never succeed when mix A and N into one box...
but I think u can refer to Uncle 'nobodyk' on equn.com, he is good at mixing them together~=D=

I got it working with a little extra effort thanks to F$. If anyone needs help geting their mixed gpus working give F$ or me a shout.