PDA

View Full Version : board down?

GregK
09-20-12, 04:21 AM
was it just me or were the forums down yesterday afternoon? i was redirected to a job hunting site. i tried to get on from a link from a project didnt work either. regardless ill be doing virus scans the next few nights.

Bok
09-20-12, 06:37 AM
yup. My net connection went down for a while. Router upstream failed, Spent an hour or two on the phone with the ISP to resolve it.

Duke of Buckingham
09-20-12, 07:07 AM
Me either a lot of time without SETI USA Forum. I thought Mike and F$ banned me for posting so much.

Now that the forum returned, I am happy.
http://www.the-joke-box.com/pictures/very-happy-dog.jpg

GregK
09-20-12, 04:33 PM
lol!

Mike029
09-20-12, 05:04 PM
Crazy Duke...

STE\/E
11-03-12, 08:20 AM
Board is messed up, so is the Free-DC Stats, they won't load, just keep trying but never load ...

Mumps
11-03-12, 08:26 AM
Board is messed up, so is the Free-DC Stats, they won't load, just keep trying but never load ...

??? Free-DC Stats are pulling up fine here. Could it be your 10 Bil? :)

Nope. I can pull up your stats without issue too. Puzzling.

Duke of Buckingham
11-03-12, 08:29 AM
Everything is working fine for me. Didn't noticed any problem but I woke up later today (about 2 hours).

I usual woke up at 6/7 GMT today was about 8/9..

STE\/E
11-03-12, 08:48 AM
Must be on my end, some Sites load okay while others are messed up ...

Mike029
11-03-12, 09:11 AM
Must be on my end, some Sites load okay while others are messed up ...

This was happening to me as well. I figured it was just the mess going on here.

Bok
11-03-12, 10:27 AM
According to my logs, there has been no outage at all. Perhaps some routers went down upstream somewhere.

Fire$torm
11-03-12, 11:36 AM
Ste\/e, like you I have had some issues with a few sites as well as some of the internet radio stations I listen to. Since both of us live in Michigan it probably has something to do with damage to the Net's infrastructure on the East coast.

Duke of Buckingham
11-03-12, 11:43 AM
Ste\/e, like you I have had some issues with a few sites as well as some of the internet radio stations I listen to. Since both of us live in Michigan it probably has something to do with damage to the Net's infrastructure on the East coast.

But that is strange in did. Wasn't the internet made on first hand to have good communication in case of nuclear attack?

STE\/E
11-03-12, 01:20 PM

Probably, still messed up ...

STE\/E
11-04-12, 06:46 AM
Funny, I can go into the Free-DC Forum & see everything just fine but the Stats Page just keeps trying to load without ever loading. It's been trying to load for about 24 Hr's now. All I get is "Loading Stats Data..." ...

Bok
11-04-12, 08:07 AM
Which page in particular steve ?

STE\/E
11-04-12, 08:13 AM
Which page in particular steve ?

Any Page, The main Page won't load nor the POEM Page, when I try other Pages they won't load either ...

The S.USA Forum Pages are all messed up too ...

Mumps
11-04-12, 08:42 AM
Any Page, The main Page won't load nor the POEM Page, when I try other Pages they won't load either ...

The S.USA Forum Pages are all messed up too ...

I wonder if it's maybe the Google Ads. My ads recently have all been coming up with local politics. Maybe Googles selection of ads for you keep pointing at broken content? Do the ad blocks display before it gets messed up?

Bok
11-04-12, 08:43 AM
You do have javascript enabled for stats.free-dc.org right ?

Do you get this page ok - http://stats.free-dc.org/ece/ and can click on some of the links there ? (no javascript)

STE\/E
11-04-12, 08:46 AM
No Ad's are showing ...

STE\/E
11-04-12, 08:48 AM
You do have javascript enabled for stats.free-dc.org right ?

Do you get this page ok - http://stats.free-dc.org/ece/ and can click on some of the links there ? (no javascript)

Yes that Page loads okay & I can get to the Links ... not sure about the Java Script, the Pages were loading okay all along then stopped loading, I didn't change anything ...

Bok
11-04-12, 08:49 AM
Then I'd assume you have switched javascript off. The stats use ajax functions for the main display of data and need javascript for those.

STE\/E
11-04-12, 08:52 AM
Then I'd assume you have switched javascript off. The stats use ajax functions for the main display of data and need javascript for those.

I checked the Options & it shows Javescript Enabled ...

Bok
11-04-12, 08:52 AM
Out of curiosity what does this one give you ?

http://stats.free-dc.org/statssteve.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=13a87c3a303bcdca4ba0ed600daebb6b

ads are removed here.

STE\/E
11-04-12, 08:56 AM
Seems I'm okay now, I cleared all the History except for Cookies & Active Logins & the Pages are loading okay now ... :rolleyes:

Bok
11-04-12, 09:15 AM
Silly browsers :) We have tons of trouble with IE (yuk) at work with our users due to it's (IMO) broken caching.

STE\/E
11-04-12, 03:42 PM
Well it worked for a while anyway, the Site here seems okay but when I go to the Individual Projects from the Main Stats Page @ Free-DC the Users don't load. The Teams Stats load but nothing shows for the Individual Users except the Headers ... Cleared my Caches again & increased the amount of cache space but still no User Stats ...

somanyroads
11-04-12, 03:58 PM
Well it worked for a while anyway, the Site here seems okay but when I go to the Individual Projects from the Main Stats Page @ Free-DC the Users don't load. The Teams Stats load but nothing shows for the Individual Users except the Headers ... Cleared my Caches again & increased the amount of cache space but still no User Stats ...

it's not working for me either.:(

If my signature is any indication (since it is not all there), something is still amiss with Free-DC

Robert7
11-04-12, 04:01 PM
No stats for users.

Bok
11-04-12, 04:28 PM
I'm under some form of attack right now, it'll calm down after a while. I'm banning a number of ip blocks...

Bok
11-04-12, 06:35 PM
I've actually had an SSD on the database server having problems. They do so much reading and writing. I've recovered some of the tables back to last night's backup so user totals will be off until next xml updates for a while. I don't think it's going to last too much longer though :(. Got another one on order (120Gb Intel Maple Crest SATA III) and will try to have it installed and up and running as soon as possible. If I get time tomorrow I'll try and get to the local tigerdirect store and buy one, then I'll have a standby too..

Fire$torm
11-04-12, 07:09 PM
Man, the fun never stops.......... :mad:

somanyroads
11-04-12, 07:51 PM
Got another one on order (120Gb Intel Maple Crest SATA III) and will try to have it installed and up and running as soon as possible. If I get time tomorrow I'll try and get to the local tigerdirect store and buy one, then I'll have a standby too..

:-bd =D>

Duke of Buckingham
11-04-12, 08:03 PM
http://michaelshandyman.net/ALERTCO.jpg
Duke at the computer

Robert7
11-05-12, 01:25 PM
Now is OK, thx.

BTW, Bok, could you do sort by "Today" column in country aspect?
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=usercountry&proj=poe&country=Poland

Bok
11-05-12, 02:07 PM
Sure. Done.

Fire$torm
11-05-12, 09:29 PM
BOK, I have a question. When someone clicks the header of a sortable column, is it a server side or client side process?

Bok
11-05-12, 09:54 PM
It's a server side op as it's all php at that point. I don't cache the data client side, that's doable, but a lot more intricate given the potential resultsets.

zombie67
11-05-12, 10:53 PM
I would like to remind our teammates of the donate button on the left side of all the free-dc stat pages. This forum runs on the same hardware.

Mumps
11-05-12, 10:55 PM
I would like to remind our teammates of the donate button on the left side of all the free-dc stat pages. This forum runs on the same hardware.

And even if you can't donate, remember the ad banners provide a little bit of income too. So clicking through the ads helps in a little way as well.

Robert7
11-06-12, 03:22 AM
Sure. Done.1183

Fire$torm
11-06-12, 08:12 PM
Hey BOK,

It looks like the Recent Milestones on my overall stats page is a bit off ---> http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=3ef5f71d77abb1ccaf16dfc16075fab9

Bok
11-06-12, 10:14 PM
I think I know what it is but I don't want to mess with the data on the failing SSD just yet...

Duke of Buckingham
11-07-12, 08:13 AM
We don't have Combined page for the team on Free-DC also. Good luck fixing all the mess Bok. I am waiting and suffering in silence.

Sometimes we need to give time to get out of some mess.

Bok
11-07-12, 08:53 AM
Fixing it now. Shouldn't be long.

Duke of Buckingham
11-07-12, 10:05 AM
Fixing it now. Shouldn't be long.

Take your time my friend. Now even dead can be fixed.

Christopher Herr
11-07-12, 02:19 PM
As always, Bok/Phil is simply great with support! :) :-bd
Thx!

Robert7
11-13-12, 02:13 AM
Do you have any information about the date of restart?

Bok
11-13-12, 07:20 AM
I just posted an update on the page -http://stats.free-dc.org

Hopefully today. Got some rebuilding to do, but it won't take that long

John P. Myers
11-13-12, 06:26 PM
If it is a motherboard failure, it would be caused by the chipset, not the board itself, but this is really rare. Most likely it's something plugged into either a SATA or USB plug. I know you mentioned a SSD, but is there anything else that could be causing it?

Bok
11-13-12, 08:29 PM
It's the only diagnostic that seems to make sense right now. Everything works perfectly if it's not using one of those SATAIII ports. Luckily this board has two more ports using a different controller (Marvell), so I'm using those now for the two main SSD's, and the other one plus the boot disk are on the SATAII controller. There is also an external USB drive used for backups.

I just switched the stats back on as they've been running just fine for the last 5 hours or so. No errors at all.

Going to buy up some spare parts with the donations I received and slowly build up a complete hot spare.

Fire$torm
11-13-12, 10:21 PM
Sweet. I hope the donations are sufficient.

Duke of Buckingham
11-14-12, 06:55 AM
Very good Bok.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZNYYRrkovcE/TlWvmZVAUZI/AAAAAAAAJ1g/SM8WNpzc7Rs/s1600/happy%2Bdance.jpg

STE\/E
11-26-12, 09:06 AM
Can't get the Free-DC Stats Pages to load again, all other sites loading okay though ... Board here is messing up too for me ...

Bok
11-26-12, 10:09 AM
No connection issues that I can see...I have 65 active connections at the moment.

Can you do a traceroute ?

STE\/E
11-26-12, 11:29 AM
Seems to be okay now ...

Duke of Buckingham
11-26-12, 01:13 PM
It is a bit slow but it is working maybe some update running or any kind of batch.