PDA

View Full Version : Walk into computer room... Sniff sniff.. somethings burnt...

Dorsilfin
12-09-10, 06:22 PM
And then look at the computers to see the lights off on one machine.. *sigh* overheated/burnt powersupply..

Grrr! To the Egg I go.. looks like it will be down over the weekend.. Oh well.. just a minor hickup..

maybe I should test it with my other computers Power supply to make sure its just that..

c303a
12-09-10, 07:14 PM
Might be a good thing to do. I hope that is all the problem. :(Of course a psu is a big thing. I try to keep a spare around. That way I try to lose as little crunch'n time as possible.:)

Dorsilfin
12-09-10, 07:18 PM
Yeah looks like thats gonna be the only issue, the insides were actually melted some.. neat! Apparently I was pushing it too hard too long and it decided to break down.

ill ponder my thoughts on if I "need" that machine up or let it ride and save money till income taxes in the spring for a new total domination machine lol

Mike029
12-09-10, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear. Hope that is all it is. %%-

Dorsilfin
12-09-10, 08:37 PM
Minor surgery is over. Another PSU fired the machine up 100%, so i just hit newegg for a new one. Shame its gonna be down the weekend waiting on shipping.. but at least i didnt hurt much =) haha