PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from a member of Team China

Xuyongchen
09-26-12, 07:28 PM
Hello

I'm Yongchen Xu from Team China. It's great to find a place to communicate with members in Team SETI.USA.
Hope everyone can enjoy the BOINC:D

GregK
09-26-12, 07:56 PM
Hello Yongchen Xu welcome and thanks for visiting us:D

Cruncher Pete
09-26-12, 07:58 PM
Welcome Xuyongchen. Nice to talk to a member of Team China, may this be the start of a long friendship...:-bd

ledled
09-26-12, 08:30 PM
I'm from Team China too, I'm very glad to meet you.

Sorry for my poor English.:)

c303a
09-26-12, 08:40 PM
Welcome and please don't be a stranger here. It is good to hear from people from other countries.

Xuyongchen
09-26-12, 10:42 PM
Hello Yongchen Xu welcome and thanks for visiting us:D

:D I want to say thank you to Mike029 who invited members in Team China to communicate with friends in SETI.USA:)

Xuyongchen
09-26-12, 10:44 PM
Welcome Xuyongchen. Nice to talk to a member of Team China, may this be the start of a long friendship...:-bd

Sure, it will be a long long relationship:)

Xuyongchen
09-26-12, 10:47 PM
Welcome and please don't be a stranger here. It is good to hear from people from other countries.

Thx,:)But I need some time to be familiar with here since it is quite different from the forum of Team China whose website is http://www.equn.com/forum/
Also, members in Team China welcome everyone to visit our forum and have a communication with us. Don't worry, you can use English:)

Mike029
09-26-12, 11:04 PM
I'm there and posting. But please properly thank everyone for their help and contribution. Google translate is very limited. :-bd\m/\m/\m/

eruda
09-27-12, 12:07 AM
hello world! I am eruda from Team China! Nice to see ya~

Bryan
09-27-12, 01:04 AM
A very warm hello to everyone from China ... it is a pleasure to meet you and to see you on the boards.

I'm actually a member of Team Musketeers and I want to thank those that are helping us on the DirT Challenge.

Please visit us on the Team Musketeer forums as well:

http://dantmorris.com/simple/index.php

As someone said; This is the beginning of a friendship and we will have some fun crunching together in the future!!!!

GregK
09-27-12, 04:20 AM
I'm from Team China too, I'm very glad to meet you.

Sorry for my poor English.:)

Welcome friend! ;)

GregK
09-27-12, 04:37 AM
I checked out their website and read up on the thread from mike29 but I've never used a translator before hopefully after work i can figure it out with some help. I want to say hi over there at the least.

Mad Matt
09-27-12, 05:15 AM
Welcome all members of Team China. :) This is great to meet you here. :cool:

:-bd

Fogle
09-27-12, 06:34 AM
Team China, Thank You for the help! Just woke up and it took me about 15 minutes to catch up on this thread. Very exciting we are now in 1st place as of 6:34AM EST !! Woo Hoo !! Way to go TeaM and friends!!! :cool: :D ;) Keep on Crunching !!

DrPop
09-27-12, 08:27 AM
Hello Yongchen Xu and ledled! Welcome to the SETI.USA forums, and thank you for helping our friends the Musketeers on their challenge.
If you need help with anything in the future, just ask and we can reciprocate the good will.

By the way, I spent some good time in Malaysia earlier in my career, and your English is WAY better than my Chinese ever was! :D ;)
Jed

Crazybob
09-27-12, 10:13 AM
A warm welcome to all the members of Team China. As Jed said, your English is very good. We like exchanging views and participating in challenges with other teams. On another note, my company is currently producing product in 2 locations in China. Shanghai and Ningbo.

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much for your reply:o
Maybe more and more members from Team China will register this forum. Hope all of the people will have a good communication:D

Together we will accomplish something amazing!

I like this motto! Work with other teams, we will accomplish something even more amazing!

somanyroads
09-27-12, 11:23 AM
Welcome and thank you for being here!!!

Found this http://www.equn.com/forum/forum-46-1.html as a start. Nice.

Mike029
09-27-12, 11:33 AM
Welcome and thank you for being here!!!

Found this http://www.equn.com/forum/forum-46-1.html as a start. Nice.

Yes, thank you. I've been so busy posting over there I forgot to link it here. #-o

Stop by and check out their website above. Their software is very different than what we are used to over here.

xx318088
09-27-12, 12:06 PM
well,post test
:p
glad see you everyone,I come from Team China too

Mike029
09-27-12, 12:33 PM
well,post test
:p
glad see you everyone,I come from Team China too

Welcome to our boards.

DrPop
09-27-12, 04:05 PM
Hi xx318088! Nice to meet you and glad you are with Musketeers for the challenge. Thank you for the help. :)

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 05:04 PM
Yes, thank you. I've been so busy posting over there I forgot to link it here. #-o

Stop by and check out their website above. Their software is very different than what we are used to over here.

Yes, it's quite different:) However, I think you have already known most of the functions there. You learn fast:)
Our forum may be upgraded recently. I'm not sure about the time. Lenove sponsored our forum 2 servers so equn who is the founder want to improve the forum. We don't know when it will be started, but we will let you know:)

Mad Matt
09-27-12, 05:38 PM
Wow, this is just amazing. A big welcome to all members from Team China. And thank you so much for your help! :-bd

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the replies.
SETI.USA is a warm team. We really want to learn from you:)
We will discuss more about the challenges that our teams may cooperate in the future. Anytime, if Team SETI.USA as well as Team Musketeers need help from Team China, just let us know:)
Best wishes!

Fire$torm
09-27-12, 08:15 PM
This is truly amazing!

A BIG Thank You to all Team China for the help they are giving to Team Musketeers. You guys are the best. \m/

And thank you Mike029 for a fantastic job on working to open up communications. :-bd

F$

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 08:24 PM
I just started the discussion in our forum about establishing a group whose purpose is to focus on the connections with other forums as well as teams. We do not have enough people to keep the connections with other teams. So, hope we can establish such a group and start its work in a week.:) Also, we will continue encourage our members to talk with friends of SETI.USA and Team Musketeers although some of them are still worry about their English even they learnt a lot in school:) Well, just give them a little time. Thank you :o

Nuadormrac
09-27-12, 09:19 PM
Hey, and welcome to our corner of the interwebs :D Anyhow, if we're going to plan some challenges together, it only makes sense to create accounts over on your forum also. So when something's organized, we can view it from out the horses mouth (so to speak) :D Figure of speech, in case you're wondering...

Anyhow, welcome and thanks again for the assist. Oh man, I think Moon was surprised; we weren't even expected to be competitive, let along take the lead on this one :) DiRT has sorta been the project they focus on most...

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 10:34 PM
Dear friends in SETI.USA

Good news!

We have decided to establish a group which will focus on the communication with other teams. We are recruiting people in our forum now. This process is faster than I thought. :) Members of the group will tell you many things about our team. For example: the challenge schedule, our experience of running some projects so yes! Even you do not register our forum, you will know about the challenges in our forum. After that, if you are interested in that challenge, you can join our forum. (You don't need to register just in order to know some information :) ) Also, we can discuss here if we want to plan some challenges together.

Hope this is a good news

Nuadormrac
09-27-12, 10:52 PM
I'd be willing... The one thing we should probably mention however, is that we had already made a comittment to enter the monthly Simap challenges. But other then that, a lot is open for joining challenges cross/on another team...

Even with the Muskaterrs who have helped S.USA with this, when they chose to run it themself this upcomming month, there was some discussion of helping them, but then there was this goal which had been set, I'm gathering about a year or so ago, for the duration of 2012? Some who have been in this team longer then I could fill in more with the details prior to my presence here... They understand, and themselves were like "that's OK, you've got a perfect run this year for it, go ahead and run it". We sort of chose to help them with the current DiRT challenge now, after those discusions.

But I don't think we're signed up for any of the other challenges there yet; so there's a lot open, and a lot of stuff we could join in on.

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 11:01 PM
We know this situation:)
Team China also has decided all the challenges for next year. More than 20 challenges. This is just the beginning of the communication between our teams, so it might be hard to discuss the plan of challenges. However, this is just the beginning, so there are many years waiting for us.:)

Nuadormrac
09-27-12, 11:11 PM
I have an idea, when some others get on though they'll be able to fill in with more; especially some of the admins. But no discussion has been made wrt Sici's upcomming Collatz run. That might be a possibility for us to all join forces somewhere....

Actually I should take a look at your current schedule before saying much more as coordinating would be difficult without comparing stuff. I'm wondering if Yongchen here has been given access to our challenges forum yet, or not? I see his rank is slightly dif then Friends of S.USA? Might help if he can also see some of what we had set for team goals and what not; so we can all coordinate....

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 11:17 PM
I can view the Challenge section:) I just need more time to be familiar with this forum. Also, since we will have more people to communicate with you, it may be easier to discuss in the future.

Nuadormrac
09-27-12, 11:23 PM
k, good... Nothing like trying to coordinate when peeps can't see the same planning info.

My mother once, well lets just say she had 3 day planners, and didn't always sync them up. Problem is, with that said, she many times grabbed whichever one was convenient to grab, and seeing the time "free" penciled an appointment or whatever, in... A day planner can be a useful thing, if one's organized with them. Anyhow, she ended up with 3 seperate commitments, at the same time, in 2 different states, and naturally she couldn't make them all :o I ended up telling her, half joking, "I don't think you're able to bilocate, that's just a little ridiculous". She ended up having to call 2 groups of people up, and offer her condolances.

Xuyongchen
09-27-12, 11:34 PM
Oh my...

Yeah, it's really significant to make sure that we know the same things:) We will post our plans here recently. Well, we still have a lot of things which can be talked besides challenges, right?:)

Yuezhou Lyu
09-27-12, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone!:)
I am Yuezhou Lyu from Team China.
SETI.USA is really a warm team!!!
I think I can come here more frequently after finishing my undergraduate application.:)

swh@home
09-28-12, 12:44 AM
Thanks for Mike029's invitation,I'm swh@home,come from Team China.

I hope that SETI.USA and Team China will have a long friendship.This is a well starting now.

My English is so so.Sorry for my poor English,too!

Nuadormrac
09-28-12, 12:44 AM
Looks like registering on your site gives the following error:

Incorrect routing your request could not be submitted.

or untranslated:

您的请求来路不正确,无法提交。

Wondering if their having issue with source ISP here or something?

eruda
09-28-12, 01:15 AM

or untranslated:

I think...
This happens usually if you get connected via two difference ISPs, the IP used for submitting doesn't match the former IP you are logged on.
At least for myself, that's the truth...

Xuyongchen
09-28-12, 01:18 AM

or untranslated:

I don't know why this happens. I will ask administrators of our team. Sorry about that.:(

Nuadormrac
09-28-12, 02:53 AM
I think...
This happens usually if you get connected via two difference ISPs, the IP used for submitting doesn't match the former IP you are logged on.
At least for myself, that's the truth...

Wonder, if using translation on the web page could have it appear that way. Of course, I sort of need to translate. I learned a little Japanese in college (only up through Japanese 201 however), and no Chinese... My father knew a few words, spoaken, but that's far from fluent, especially wrt Chinese characters...

eruda
09-28-12, 03:51 AM
Wonder, if using translation on the web page could have it appear that way. Of course, I sort of need to translate. I learned a little Japanese in college (only up through Japanese 201 however), and no Chinese... My father knew a few words, spoaken, but that's far from fluent, especially wrt Chinese characters...

tricky google translate ;)
I can speak a little Japanese too, but atm, some fury is stirred up all over China...so I have to avoid using them :P
anyhow, English should be the best way we communicate!

Nuadormrac
09-28-12, 08:24 AM
tricky google translate ;)
I can speak a little Japanese too, but atm, some fury is stirred up all over China...so I have to avoid using them :P
anyhow, English should be the best way we communicate!

Yeah, as I understand it, there's a history. Best left at that...

Though if anyone is bothered at anyone having learned any Japanese, I had also studied Tai Chi when I lived in New Mexico. My teachers were Charley DeFelipo and Virginia Heutig who study under someone who accepted them, as being their sifu by the name of Chung Tin (though that's more in Hong Kong). Charley also studies, though under another teacher, which ironically was one of Chung Tin's Tai Chi brothers, Liu Ho Pa Fa, which he had shown us a little of... They travel there once a year, well Charley has for 30+ years). Chung Tin was a senior student under Tung Ying Cheh.

Only thing, 2008 my mother had several strokes, and the ecconomy being what it had been, there were no jobs there, so I ended up having to move. When she was in the hospital, I moved back east far more quickly then planned, wrt finding a job.

The bad news, prior to all this happening, I had learned up through the third section (well with the provisio that a lot of the nuances obviosuly can take more then 4-6 years to learn), and had started learning the sword form. I sort of lucked, tbh, in having found good teachers, from a lets just say known lineage. I'll have to find some others, which isn't necessarily so easy, and as no one from the Tung family tradition lives in my current area, it means going on to learn the family fighting form is sort of out...

Oh well, it is what it is, and my mother was really bad up then, as was the US economy. Her blood pressure had hit 257, which is where she then got a stroke, and needed medical attention then and there. The whole issue with Lehman Brothers, and economic meltdown, is sort of known history by now...

Duke of Buckingham
09-28-12, 09:44 AM
Welcome to all that are helping The Musketeers. Thank you very much for your help.

http://learnchinesewithease.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/welcome1.jpg

eruda
09-28-12, 09:50 AM
Yeah, as I understand it, there's a history. Best left at that...

Though if anyone is bothered at anyone having learned any Japanese, I had also studied Tai Chi when I lived in New Mexico. My teachers were Charley DeFelipo and Virginia Heutig who study under someone who accepted them, as being their sifu by the name of Chung Tin (though that's more in Hong Kong). Charley also studies, though under another teacher, which ironically was one of Chung Tin's Tai Chi brothers, Liu Ho Pa Fa, which he had shown us a little of... They travel there once a year, well Charley has for 30+ years). Chung Tin was a senior student under Tung Ying Cheh.

Only thing, 2008 my mother had several strokes, and the ecconomy being what it had been, there were no jobs there, so I ended up having to move. When she was in the hospital, I moved back east far more quickly then planned, wrt finding a job.

The bad news, prior to all this happening, I had learned up through the third section (well with the provisio that a lot of the nuances obviosuly can take more then 4-6 years to learn), and had started learning the sword form. I sort of lucked, tbh, in having found good teachers, from a lets just say known lineage. I'll have to find some others, which isn't necessarily so easy, and as no one from the Tung family tradition lives in my current area, it means going on to learn the family fighting form is sort of out...

Oh well, it is what it is, and my mother was really bad up then, as was the US economy. Her blood pressure had hit 257, which is where she then got a stroke, and needed medical attention then and there. The whole issue with Lehman Brothers, and economic meltdown, is sort of known history by now...

I am sorry to hear this sad story... but to tell the truth, most of the chinese traditions have been neglected and forgotten by most of the morden chinese citizens...Such as Tai Chi, Kong Fu, Handwriting(or calligraphy?)...no matter which, only one out of thousands, I guess, may be good at these. People here are becoming more and more busy, and they are caring more about the money. Thus they have no time and no heart for the good traditions that they should have been treasuring. So you are very lucky to have learned Tai Chi. I guess maybe someday you may come to China and teach us Tai Chi :P

By the way, hope that everything goes well~

Xuyongchen
09-28-12, 01:00 PM

The administrator of our forum said that this situation was strange since we did not have any limitation. And he said another person from here had successfully registered. He suggestion is: Maybe you can refresh your cookies or change another browser:) Hope this will be helpful.

Nuadormrac
09-28-12, 02:40 PM
I am sorry to hear this sad story... but to tell the truth, most of the chinese traditions have been neglected and forgotten by most of the morden chinese citizens...Such as Tai Chi, Kong Fu, Handwriting(or calligraphy?)...no matter which, only one out of thousands, I guess, may be good at these. People here are becoming more and more busy, and they are caring more about the money. Thus they have no time and no heart for the good traditions that they should have been treasuring. So you are very lucky to have learned Tai Chi. I guess maybe someday you may come to China and teach us Tai Chi :P

By the way, hope that everything goes well~

Yeah, actually I'd have some interst in going and meeting up with their sifu one day, not necessarily for instruction in the specific, but more to chat... I know that in his latter years, the last thing he'd want is someone hitting him up for a lesson or something, especially where he already has his lineage holders, some of which, it really is his sincerest hope, and expectation; well when they were talking Chung Tin was like "eh, you've only been practing for 30 some years, I have for over 60 years. I expect that one day, you should become better then me"; but in a way that suggested he'd be disappointed if he hadn't eventually. I have my suspiscions, but as I never saw the individual face to face, I've only got second hand accounts to go on. But my gut suggests that he might be a master if you will, in the true sense of the word; not that I'd just come out and say that. But it could well be interresting, just to meet up with him... He's obviously very good at the martial arts, and my teachers honestly suspect he had finally surpassed Tung Ying Cheh in the end, but my intuition suggests there might be more to it, though I'd rather not be all that specific.

But who am I kidding, he's in his 90s, and I had the misfortune of graduating from one degree, and yet working on another (I wasn't able to continue then due to family circumstances, and the economy, at a time I was a full time student), and then having to enter the labor market at preceisely the time the US economy tanked, big time... I can't afford a trip overseas at this time, and we all know the nature of things, when one's lifespan is already well beyond the statistical average. It's the way of the world....

As to people though, here, there, or wherever, they do have to find their own path in life, and it's best when they have the opportunity to pursue it, and to learn from it, and to evolve if you will. The freedom to do so isn't without import, so I wouldn't think ill of one for doing just that. If there are things to be learned, life does have a way to get people's attention at times; and believe me, it has tended to. I think many have encountered that, where it's almost as if the universe is giving htem a bit of a wake up call, and in a way they can't ignore, because it isn't someone, the words of another, or what have you. It's life itself, and it leaves one with a bit of soul searching... One can never quite escape themself :D

Nuadormrac
09-28-12, 02:44 PM
The administrator of our forum said that this situation was strange since we did not have any limitation. And he said another person from here had successfully registered. He suggestion is: Maybe you can refresh your cookies or change another browser:) Hope this will be helpful.

OK, I'll try again... I tried in Firefox, and it just sat there and didn't seem to load anything, so I tried in IE and got that. Thanks for looking into it.

Nuadormrac
09-28-12, 09:05 PM
OK, I think an account is created, but it seems that whenever I go to translate, it refreshes to a default page without me logged in or something, as upon logging in I get to a non-translated page. I'm guessing I need a better translator or something, which can work seemlessly, and translate every page automatically, while maintaining whatever browser session I'm in.

I tried in Firefox also but it just hangs on "transfering data" but never seems to get, IE 9 (well at least the win64 variant of it) shows the above...

Edit: OK, it looks like if I do that from the main page, and translate while logged in, I get a page without me logged in; but if I click one of the links and translate from there, I do then see the page I'm on. Not sure how to explain that one, but should be possible to get around, will just have to point and click a bit blindly to find my way to this or that section, then carry on from there...

Further edit: I'm running into

中国分布式计算论坛 提示信息
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

您无权进行当前操作,原因如下:

对不起,您无权在该版块发帖,详细请点击这里查看

有权发帖的用户组为:

查看您当前用户组的权限

if I try to post a hello message or what have you. I was able to get on translation

The Distributed Computing Forum tips information - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - You do not have permission to make your current operation, the reasons are as follows: I am sorry, you are not authorized to release blocks in the post, please click here to view the post has the right to the User Group: View your current user group permissions

Best I could get following the links and translating what would translate without sending me back to a login page as seen above, is that I'm registered in the visitor's group or something, and hence have no posting permissions? Not sure if there's something I need to do...

Xuyongchen
09-29-12, 03:20 AM
OK, I think an account is created, but it seems that whenever I go to translate, it refreshes to a default page without me logged in or something, as upon logging in I get to a non-translated page. I'm guessing I need a better translator or something, which can work seemlessly, and translate every page automatically, while maintaining whatever browser session I'm in.

I tried in Firefox also but it just hangs on "transfering data" but never seems to get, IE 9 (well at least the win64 variant of it) shows the above...

Edit: OK, it looks like if I do that from the main page, and translate while logged in, I get a page without me logged in; but if I click one of the links and translate from there, I do then see the page I'm on. Not sure how to explain that one, but should be possible to get around, will just have to point and click a bit blindly to find my way to this or that section, then carry on from there...

if I try to post a hello message or what have you. I was able to get on translation

Best I could get following the links and translating what would translate without sending me back to a login page as seen above, is that I'm registered in the visitor's group or something, and hence have no posting permissions? Not sure if there's something I need to do...

Yes, I think you need to upload your profile picture first...I feel sorry that our forum doesn't have an English hint about that. I talked with ledled who is the administrator about this problem. We will discuss this more today. I think in several days this questions could be solved. We will make a introduction about how to register in our forum here before tomorrow, I think.
We will upgrade our English sections as soon as possible.
I will try to solve your problem first. I think you can post before tomorrow.

Cruncher Pete
09-29-12, 05:18 AM
XSYVIp http://www.QS3PE5ZGdxC9IoVKTAPT2DBYpPkMKqfz.com

Xuyongchen
09-29-12, 06:09 AM

You can post now:) We temporarily changed your status there.
We are still adjusting our forum to make it easier for members from SETI.USA, Musketeers as well as other teams to visit us. Hope it won't take a long time.
Anyway, thank you for visiting and hope you enjoy our forum!

Xuyongchen
09-29-12, 06:13 AM
You are a good Ambassador XU..:-bd

Thx~

We will have some more people who can usually come here. If anyone in your team have questions about our forum, feel free to ask any of them:)
We are preparing a sub section for Team SETI.USA. Also a sub section for Team Musketeers. I think Mike029 and Jose could be administrators in these sections. However, we are still preparing. Any news, I will post here:) If you are glad about that, could you provide us a small logo of Team SETI.USA? We could use the small logo to make it easier for members in SETI.USA to find that section.
Oh, BTW,I think ledled in our forum is preparing English introduction for register process. I am not sure when he will finish it since he is offline now. I think this will be done within a day.

Mike029
09-29-12, 12:46 PM
Thx~

We will have some more people who can usually come here. If anyone in your team have questions about our forum, feel free to ask any of them:)
We are preparing a sub section for Team SETI.USA. Also a sub section for Team Musketeers. I think Mike029 and Jose could be administrators in these sections. However, we are still preparing. Any news, I will post here:) If you are glad about that, could you provide us a small logo of Team SETI.USA? We could use the small logo to make it easier for members in SETI.USA to find that section.
Oh, BTW,I think ledled in our forum is preparing English introduction for register process. I am not sure when he will finish it since he is offline now. I think this will be done within a day.

Someone have the Eagle with the shades or can shrink the one we use for the forums?

Nuadormrac
09-29-12, 01:30 PM
Thanks, it helped to have the initial dialog box give some hints. I think I'm gonna need to find the link to an avatar or something, looking to see what forums I've uploaded to, present a url for linking... Hopefully this is acceptable, as if they mean a real pic of one's self, I haven't had my picture taken in like a decade or so, and moved several times (including cross country), so a lot got lost along the way. The biggest move was from Albuquerque, NM to here in Jersey in 2008, and being as sudden as it was, I drove. Some things like furniture and what have you, just isn't very economical to pay movers for 2,300 miles, so just brought what fit in my car, and started again, etc...

Xuyongchen
09-29-12, 01:38 PM
Sometimes it's a tough work to move to other places. I helped a professor move last month. So many things and we spent a lot of time on doing that:p

This profile picture can be any pictures. Photo of yourself, pictures you find somewhere. Feel free to upload a picture you like.:o

Nuadormrac
09-29-12, 07:28 PM
k, good...

And yeah, as my mother was in the hospital then and there, the move was on very short notice. I planned to at the end of the month, having had a job lined up here (which soon fell into layoffs after Dec 08), but with the news that was comming everything got bumped up. Very hectic going over 2k miles on short notice, with a family emergency looming, etc.

I didn't even have time to sell some of the furniture and stuff, and collect the cash I coulda used, was just no time :o

Mad Matt
09-29-12, 09:03 PM
I could not find time to stop by at your forums yet, but I am joining with my little bit of pending credits on Dirt. :-h

Fire$torm
09-30-12, 03:09 PM
Here are some Team SETI.USA banners

http://imageshack.us/a/img847/9263/logogk.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img847/9263/logogk.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img196/8002/subantr3strip.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img196/8002/subantr3strip.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img845/1023/eaglered395x70.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img845/1023/eaglered395x70.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/7453/bannerblack.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/7453/bannerblack.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/9821/setiusaslogan1.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/9821/setiusaslogan1.jpg

Kevinwn
09-30-12, 10:29 PM
Hi
I am an ambassador from Team China. Hope having good time with members in the Forum.
I am studying in the U.S now and it is the fourth year I've been in the U.S. My major is Biology and I study in the Temple University in Philadelphia. Hope that there is someone in the forum is my schoolmate.:)

Mike029
09-30-12, 10:36 PM
well, I'm in NY and a bit older than you but if you make it to NYC I'll see if I can meet you there. Glad you stopped by and looking forward to working with you. This is going to be fun.

Kevinwn
09-30-12, 10:43 PM
well, I'm in NY and a bit older than you but if you make it to NYC I'll see if I can meet you there. Glad you stopped by and looking forward to working with you. This is going to be fun.

Thanks for your invitation. I will think about it. I am senior and hopefully graduate next summer. Well ,I hope go to some graduate school and schools in NY is really good choice. I will look foraward and discuss with you if I find some graduate school that really interest me. :)

Mike029
09-30-12, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your invitation. I will think about it. I am senior and hopefully graduate next summer. Well ,I hope go to some graduate school and schools in NY is really good choice. I will look foraward and discuss with you if I find some graduate school that really interest me. :)

Sounds good. Any way I can help you I will. :-bd

Kevinwn
09-30-12, 11:01 PM
Sounds good. Any way I can help you I will. :-bd

Really appreciate. Hope that we can communicate the experience of BOINC and other things like ACG as well. Then I am really busy these days and I hope I can have more times next weekend and looking around this forum. :)

Xuyongchen
09-30-12, 11:14 PM
That's why we need more than 1 ambassadors here since sometimes some of them may be busy. :)

artemis8
10-01-12, 01:22 AM
Da jia hao Team China! Apparently I didn't realize you were all coming here to saying hi. Wo kwai le to see so many of you stopping by.
I am excited to use my limited Chinese! (hopefully you speak Mandarin) I hope our teams can be hao peng you :)

Mike029
10-01-12, 10:50 AM
That's why we need more than 1 ambassadors here since sometimes some of them may be busy. :)

I understand. The more the merrier. ;)

lonelyghost_li
10-02-12, 10:40 AM
Hello

I'm from Team China too, I'm very glad to meet you.:o

Xuyongchen
10-02-12, 11:49 AM
Thanks for understanding~

Fire$torm
10-02-12, 03:40 PM
Hello Kevinwn and lonelyghost_li.

Very happy to meet each of you. I hope you can make many visits to this forum and look forward to crunching with Team Chine :-bd

Enjoy your visits.

F$

Nuadormrac
10-02-12, 08:01 PM

Yeah, and hopefully he can help you find a reasonable place to live. Not that there aren't expensive areas in Phila, (I'm actually a 35 min drive from center city, if traffic along i-95 is decent, which is to say peeps go the 75 mph they tend to without the massive traffic tie ups along 676 into i-76), so know several people up that way. But Manhattan, $4,000 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment might not be what you're looking for, as a college student with tuition costs, books, and all.

If you head out that way, he should be able to suggest some reasonable places, in a good neighborhood and all, for ya... Could also tell ya how to bridge hop, to avoid some of those massive tolls there...

And welcome Spaceghost