PDA

View Full Version : AMD CCC 10.11 APP

STMahlberg
12-10-10, 03:08 AM
The good news is that the new PG WU's now work after installing CCC 10.11 APP along with the Open CL; the bad news is that after installing 10.11, I now have problems with my monitors.

I have (3) monitors and I am having this strange flicker problem with not the primary monitor but the other two, never at the same time though. It seems to only occur when I either have a browser up with intense graphics or when playing EVE online.

Saying it flickers is an understatement, it's hard to explain. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Maxwell
12-10-10, 03:16 AM
Yes - but I don't have a solution.

Dual 5870 Win7x64 box, and when both video cards are in there, I've had that problem. Haven't seen it since one of the cards was pulled due to a dead fan.

Temp dependent, possibly? Are you cooling your cards, effectively? Also, it may be beneficial (assuming you're running dual cards) to move the primary monitor to the lower card...

STMahlberg
12-10-10, 06:00 AM
Yes - but I don't have a solution.

Dual 5870 Win7x64 box, and when both video cards are in there, I've had that problem. Haven't seen it since one of the cards was pulled due to a dead fan.

Temp dependent, possibly? Are you cooling your cards, effectively? Also, it may be beneficial (assuming you're running dual cards) to move the primary monitor to the lower card...

I have plenty of cooling, they are running at 40°C. I assume you are talking about moving to the lower card that is further away from other heat sources?

I have included below a vid of what the monitor is doing when I say, "flickering." In the video the monitor is #3 which is the only one attached to the lowest card. To top the problem off... it only happens to monitors #1 or #3 never #2 which is my primary monitor. Monitors #2 and #1 share the same card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPIh5u7C6wM

DrBob
12-10-10, 11:19 AM
From a quick search of the AMD fora it appears there is a problem with the ATI Overdrive in the 10.11 driver set.
Suggested solutions were reverting to 10.10 or disabling ATI Overdrive in CCC.

Maxwell
12-10-10, 12:00 PM
THAT sort of flickering - I've never had that issue. I think DrBob found the problem, though...

STMahlberg
12-10-10, 05:03 PM
From a quick search of the AMD fora it appears there is a problem with the ATI Overdrive in the 10.11 driver set.
Suggested solutions were reverting to 10.10 or disabling ATI Overdrive in CCC.

Thank you, I will try that; I know that I do have the overdrive enabled on my cards.

STMahlberg
12-10-10, 05:09 PM
Disabling the Overdrive fixed the problem. :)

Thank you again DrBob.