PDA

View Full Version : Apple Claims iPhone 5's Unfit Camera is "Normal"

John P. Myers
10-02-12, 10:11 PM

The camera on the iPhone 5 is the same resolution as on the 4S (where's the innovation?), but when Apple attempted to re-engineer it to fit the 5's slimmer case, quality went out the door. Now you get "purple flares" distorting your life's memories. gg

Apple does acknowledge the problem exists (after denying it at first) and is essentially saying "You're holding it wrong", as they said with their unfit antennae before. Also, they aren't fixing it.

Matt, a long-time Gizmodo reader, sent Apple copies of the problem and gladly informed Gizmodo of Apple's response.

Dear Matt,

Our engineering team just gave me this information and we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures. The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5's camera. If you wish to reach me regarding this case number *********, please contact me at 1-877-***-**** ext. *******. I currently work Thursday-Monday: 7:00am - 3:30pm Mountain Time. If you reach my voicemail, please leave your name, phone number, case number and the best time to reach you. Email is ***********@apple.com.

Sincerely,
Debby
AppleCare Support

http://gizmodo.com/5947972/apple-acknowledges-iphone-5-camera-problem-says-youre-holding-it-wrong

Al
10-12-12, 04:10 PM
www.youtube.com/watch? v=FL7yD-0pqZg

Beware....adult language.