PDA

View Full Version : Donate@Home Uber Fail

Fire$torm
10-08-12, 06:07 AM
Donate 6.18 all wu's ending in computation errors. I've set this project to NNW until they fix it. Now running Moo.

STE\/E
10-08-12, 06:19 AM
Same here, started about 3+ Hr's ago, switched to Poem for now ...

STE\/E
10-09-12, 08:21 AM
Looks like the Wu's are okay now again, tried a few Box's & didn't get any errors ...

Fire$torm
10-09-12, 01:41 PM
Looks like the Wu's are okay now again, tried a few Box's & didn't get any errors ...

Thx Ste\/e. Gave it a shot and so far so good :-bd

Fire$torm
10-11-12, 04:03 AM
It's doing it again. All tasks error out after about a minute. Now running Moo.

Fire$torm
10-13-12, 02:33 PM
Well, Donate is out of work atm. :(

STE\/E
10-13-12, 03:09 PM
POEM has lots of work ... :p :D

Fire$torm
12-31-12, 01:23 PM
Looks like they fixed the server communications problems, for the moment.

STE\/E
01-02-13, 03:20 PM
Anyone else having problems with the Donate Wu's hanging on the ATI Cards ???

Fire$torm
01-02-13, 03:52 PM
Not at the moment....

If you have a high OC maybe back it/them down 25~50 Mhz? I have noticed on at least one box that a reboot fixes some of the Donate issues.

STE\/E
01-02-13, 04:30 PM
Not at the moment....

If you have a high OC maybe back it/them down 25~50 Mhz? I have noticed on at least one box that a reboot fixes some of the Donate issues.

My Video Cards aren't Overclocked at all, I've been running them at their Stock Speeds for awhile now. But on the 2 7970 Box's I've tried to run the Donate the Wu's hang after a bit. Right now I started another Donate Wu & it's showing 10 Min's run time & 32% done, the Wu should be completely done by now. I can't get the app_config.xml file to work either. The BOINC MGR say's it found a app_config file for the Donate Project but it's not doing anything ??? The Wu is at 12 Min's now & 50% done ... weird

I know the last time I tried to run the Donate Project on my NVIDIA cards 580's & 570's it was taking forever to run the Wu's while others were showing much faster times, it's like I'm missing out on something but I don't have a clue what it might be ... Oh well the Video Cards needed more rest time anyway zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

Cruncher Pete
01-02-13, 06:42 PM
Ste\/e, I am not much help but for what its worth, I gave up on Donate months ago for the same thing was happening to me and my 7970's. I could not bother baby sitting the machines, I have other things to do. Looks like they still have not been able to fix the problem.

zombie67
01-02-13, 07:45 PM
Ditto. I had the problem with tasks hanging on ATI. I got my 100M and moved on.

kmanley57
01-02-13, 09:09 PM
I had one myself this morning, so I did what was said to do and suspend it until the next has started. Then I resumed the WU and when the machine came back to the waiting WU finished it. :confused:

nanoprobe
01-02-13, 11:40 PM
I had one myself this morning, so I did what was said to do and suspend it until the next has started. Then I resumed the WU and when the machine came back to the waiting WU finished it. :confused:

It could be that annoying problem windows sometimes has with driver resets. The driver restarts but the task that was running at the time doesn't.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553893%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I have a regedit file that address this issue that I applied to all my machines. It's very simple and safe to use and won't effect anything if it's not the issue with Donate. I can post it with instructions if anyone is interested.

There is a discussion about it over on the XtremeSystems forums. Scroll down to post #13

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?283494-Multi-thread-GPU&highlight=watchdog+reg+fix

STE\/E
01-03-13, 04:19 AM
Right now I have the Wu's running faster & at the Times they should be for Stock GPU Running Speeds, I had to use the cc_config file to restrict the CPU Usage to 7 Threads leaving 1 Thread open for the 1 Donate Wu running. For some reason the Donate Wu won't take it's share of the CPU & thus running much longer than it should. Using a app_info or app_config file does nothing either, won't even run 2 Wu's like it's specified to do so in the app files. I'll have to leave them run for awhile to see if they hang or not.

I also Detached the Voplex Project from the 2 Box's I'm running Donate on. I noticed the Voplex Project was taking forever to update it's self & I was getting a lot of error's on the Donate Wu's. I suspected that the Donate Project couldn't connect to the Server & while the Voplex Project was trying to update & why I was getting the errors on the Donate Wu's anyhoot I haven't had any errors since Detaching the Voplex Project from those 2 Box's ... :)

NOTE: Just noticed the Donate Wu's were hung on both Box's so that problem still persists ... :rolleyes: ... Back to the Drawing Board ...

STE\/E
01-03-13, 12:14 PM
Guess I'll have to give up on the Project for now anyway, I did the Registry thing & got the app_config file to work so I was running 2 Wu's at a time. I ran 2 set's of 2 Wu's so I left for Town, when I got back both Wu's were stuck for the last 2.5 Hr's, just about the amount of time I was gone ... :rolleyes:

Fire$torm
01-03-13, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I guess the Donate people aren't too interested in expending energy to fix the 7xxx series problem. Funny how they went so lax after they got their assistant funded..... sad sad sad

STE\/E
01-03-13, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I guess the Donate people aren't too interested in expending energy to fix the 7xxx series problem. Funny how they went so lax after they got their assistant funded..... sad sad sad

Well for me it's not only the ATI Cards, I just ran a Wu on 1 of my GTX 580's and it took 34 Min's to run, I don't thin that's a normal run time ??? I was giving it 1 CPU Core too but I'm running in HT Mode too so maybe that's the reason for the slow run time ???

kmanley57
01-03-13, 09:23 PM
Well I will see if the registry additions fix my ATI card hangs, only machine I have with one currently. The NVidia cards in the other two machines worked fine last time I ran Donate WU's on them.

Fire$torm
01-03-13, 11:46 PM
Well for me it's not only the ATI Cards, I just ran a Wu on 1 of my GTX 580's and it took 34 Min's to run, I don't thin that's a normal run time ??? I was giving it 1 CPU Core too but I'm running in HT Mode too so maybe that's the reason for the slow run time ???

I'm not positive but that sounds about right. ATI cards are much faster at Bitcoin mining, which is what the Donate wrapper is doing.

Fire$torm
01-04-13, 05:49 AM
Dagnabbit!!! Donate is on the fritz AGAIN...... :mad: ~X( :-q :!!

Al
01-04-13, 08:08 AM
Dagnabbit!!! Donate is on the fritz AGAIN...... :mad: ~X( :-q :!!

I tried 2. The last hung, which is an improvement because it usually causes a reboot or blue screen.
Edit - I actually got through 7 the 8th hung.

Fire$torm
01-05-13, 09:10 PM
Looks like its working properly..... FTM

STE\/E
01-06-13, 02:26 PM
Looks like its working properly..... FTM

I'm getting work to 6 Box's but the Babysitting is terrible, about 1 out of 3 Wu's will hang & I have to suspend then resume to get the Wu to finish. I'd really like to get to 250 Million at the Project but it'll be slow fer sure ...

Fire$torm
01-06-13, 05:39 PM
I'm getting work to 6 Box's but the Babysitting is terrible, about 1 out of 3 Wu's will hang & I have to suspend then resume to get the Wu to finish. I'd really like to get to 250 Million at the Project but it'll be slow fer sure ...

If you use BoincTasks (BT) to manage your boxes then there is a way to make the systems babysit themselves. The only caveat with my solution is that it only works on the local machine. So you have to set this up on each box with BT.

I set BT to run a batch file from the BT Rules section when a Donate tasks exceeds x amount of time where x is equal to average runtime + 5 minutes.

Here is a sample of my batch file Donate_Fix.bat Note: Edit directory paths to match location of boinccmd.exe

:@ECHO OFF

CLS

:BEGIN
C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ nomorework

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 15

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ resume

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ allowmorework

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ update

:END

Exit

To create a rule in BT goto main menu and click Extra > BoincTasks Settings. In the pop-up window click the Rules tab.

(Click to enlarge)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3595745/Donate_Fix_small.jpg (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3595745/Donate_Fix.jpg)

STE\/E
01-06-13, 05:54 PM
Okay I'll have to give that a try in a few days, a little to late today to mess with it & I Have to be in the Hospital by 5:30am tomorrow morning for a Kidney Blast lol it's to try & break up a stone that's to big to pass should it start to move. If it isn't one thing it's another, not sure how I'll feel after the Kidney Blast so it may be Tues before I'll try it out, Thanks ...

STE\/E
01-07-13, 03:03 PM
F$, does the .bat file go in the same Directory where the Projects Directory is or the Directory where the boinccmd.exe is ??? Thanks, gonna give it a try since I don't feel to bad from the Kidney Treatment ...

kmanley57
01-08-13, 07:39 AM
Well the registry additions did not fix my Donate hangs either. So I guess I will try your batch file and see what it does, though I did have to change it to "C:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC". Since that is where My Boinc program was installed.

Fire$torm
01-08-13, 01:39 PM
F$, does the .bat file go in the same Directory where the Projects Directory is or the Directory where the boinccmd.exe is ??? Thanks, gonna give it a try since I don't feel to bad from the Kidney Treatment ...

Hey Ste\/e,

Glad to hear the blast didn't mess with the rest of you...

The /bat file can go anywhere you want. I would suggest creating a subfolder in the BOINC directory. This way if you upgrade BOINC, it hopefully won't get deleted. For me, since I use a lot of batch files I just gave them their own root level folder in a different HDD partition so they won't get lost or deleted.

Just remember to point the BoincTask rule to wherever you end up putting the .bat file

Al
01-08-13, 06:22 PM
I'm going to try using Atiman to uninstall and clean up all the old driver remnants to see if that cures my hanging problem. I used it last night on the box with the 7970 and after a clean install of 12.10 I was able to run Collatz without immediate computational errors. Using driver sweeper and cc cleaner obviously didn't get rid of everything. Hoping for as good of luck on Donate.

Fire$torm
01-08-13, 07:19 PM
I'm going to try using Atiman to uninstall and clean up all the old driver remnants to see if that cures my hanging problem. I used it last night on the box with the 7970 and after a clean install of 12.10 I was able to run Collatz without immediate computational errors. Using driver sweeper and cc cleaner obviously didn't get rid of everything. Hoping for as good of luck on Donate.

Well it can't hurt. Honestly though I have never had a problem with Drive sweeper. Which version of DS were you using?

Al
01-09-13, 12:05 AM
Well it can't hurt. Honestly though I have never had a problem with Drive sweeper. Which version of DS were you using?

This box has 2-5870's and a 570

3.2.0 on the DS. Okay, it didn't work out like I had hoped. For some reason, Atiman didn't want to remove anything on this box. I did use DS and cc cleaner again. I reinstalled 12.11 and now only one of the 5870's will run Donate, the other gets computational errors immediately upon starting. Prior to uninstalling and sweeping both would run Donate, but hang. I reinstalled the driver again, same problem. ATI-0 runs Donate ATI-1 fails. Right now I have 0 doing Donate and 1 doing Collatz. Both are running at factory clocks and voltages. This is just weird...any ideas. Curious to see if the one gpu running Donate hangs tomorrow morning.

Fire$torm
01-09-13, 12:42 AM
This box has 2-5870's and a 570

3.2.0 on the DS. Okay, it didn't work out.....

I remember when I had 3x 4850s in my desktop I had to extend the Windows desktop across to the 2nd & 3rd GPU in order to get them to crunch. Can't hurt to give it a try.

BTW, since CCC 12.11 is beta, that could be your problem, or part of it. I would suggest CCC 12.6 as that is the most stable of the current versions for my setup.

zombie67
01-09-13, 01:32 AM
The problem with the stalled tasks has nothing to do with your machines. The tasks require to communicate with the bitcoin server. If that communication (via the donate app) fails, then the BOINC task idles forever. Not sure anything can be done from the client side to fix the issue. When a burp happens, it happens. Pause/restart or abort and start a new one, makes no difference.

Al
01-09-13, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but Donate seems to require more tending than I'm willing to give it at this point. I'll keep the atis on Collatz or mw for the time being, they both crunch perfectly. If the problems ever subside at Donate I'll give it another try.

STE\/E
01-30-13, 04:51 PM
If you use BoincTasks (BT) to manage your boxes then there is a way to make the systems babysit themselves. The only caveat with my solution is that it only works on the local machine. So you have to set this up on each box with BT.

I set BT to run a batch file from the BT Rules section when a Donate tasks exceeds x amount of time where x is equal to average runtime + 5 minutes.

Here is a sample of my batch file Donate_Fix.bat Note: Edit directory paths to match location of boinccmd.exe

CLS

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ nomorework

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 15

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ resume

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ allowmorework

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ update

Exit

To create a rule in BT goto main menu and click Extra > BoincTasks Settings. In the pop-up window click the Rules tab.

(Click to enlarge)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3595745/Donate_Fix_small.jpg (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3595745/Donate_Fix.jpg)

F$, I run 2 Wu's @ a Time, they usually run about 18-20 Min's so what do I put in the 3 Choice Lines ??? Thanks, I'm trying to run Donate again, I can Babysit while I'm up but will shut the Project down when I go to bed rather than have the Wu's Hang. Will try the .bat file too, but can't do that until I know what to put in time wise for those 3 lines ...

Fire$torm
01-31-13, 03:09 AM
F$, I run 2 Wu's @ a Time, they usually run about 18-20 Min's so what do I put in the 3 Choice Lines ??? Thanks, I'm trying to run Donate again, I can Babysit while I'm up but will shut the Project down when I go to bed rather than have the Wu's Hang. Will try the .bat file too, but can't do that until I know what to put in time wise for those 3 lines ...

Yes, Choice is just being used as a timer to pause before the next command is read/executed, so you can adjust the number after /T (the number of seconds) to whatever you want them to be. The 3rd choice timer may not be necessary but it doesn't hurt anything to have it. The first two Choice lines I set based on my i7 920. Suspending most any project seems to lag on my i7. So if your systems respond faster to a manual suspend or reset from within BOINC Manager, you can shorten the 1st and 2nd Choice times.

STE\/E
01-31-13, 07:12 AM
I set it up on just one Box & left the Times you had the same. I did set the rule for 21 Minutes though, I can run 2 in about 18-19 Minutes, anything over that & the Wu is probably Hung so 21 Minutes should work. I'll see if I have it right on the one Box before trying the others ...

STE\/E
01-31-13, 08:44 AM
Weird, I just happened to be watching the one Box with the .bat file & it did Suspend the 2 Wu's after 21 Min's but then after 15 Min's of Suspension it still hadn't restarted the 2 Wu's ... ??? ... I had to manually restart the 2 Wu's

EDIT: Just had another Wu's Suspend after 21 Min's but had to Manually Restart it again ... sigh ... I think I've had it with this Project, it's just a PITA to try & run ...

Fire$torm
01-31-13, 02:31 PM
B4 you throw in the towel....

It sounds like Choice is not working. Open a command prompt, type choice /? and press enter. It should display the choice help message with all the options available.

If that works then open the .bat file and delete the very first line :@ECHO OFF. Now go to the last line and change the word Exit to Pause and then save the .bat file. Now double click the .bat file to run it.

This edit of the .bat file will allow you to see what it is doing.

Duke of Buckingham
01-31-13, 02:45 PM

It sounds like Choice is not working. Open a command prompt, type choice /? and press enter. It should display the choice help message with all the options available.

If that works then open the .bat file and delete the very first line :@ECHO OFF. Now go to the last line and change the word Exit to Pause and then save the .bat file. Now double click the .bat file to run it.

:mad: Yeha, that was that Swiss knife that I cut myself with. It seems I am not the only one. :o

:) I never could understand that thing but I can program in COBOL, ancient things for an ancient guy. :D

STE\/E
01-31-13, 02:53 PM

I may have found the problem & am trying it again, I was up making the changes as you were posting that. I looked at the .bat file & I had the wrong Path/Directory for the boinccmd.exe, I changed it to the proper Path & will see what happens when a Wu Hangs. If it works okay I'll set up a couple more Box's but for now have them chewing on the WCG ATI Wu's ...

Fire$torm
01-31-13, 03:20 PM
Sounds good to me Ste\/e.

Btw, for anyone that used to run Donate but stopped because of their server not talking to the wu's, it looks like they found a workaround. Probably using some kind of script to monitor network communications and reset server/network when problems are detected. Basically that end of the project works now, so all you need is set up the reset rule and associated .bat file and you are golden!

@Steve: Could you plz post your Donate app_info.xml file ? I want to try doubling up on my xx70's.

STE\/E
01-31-13, 03:40 PM
I use a app_config.xml file but you can try & change it to app_info.xml:

<app_config>
<app>
<name>test</name>
<gpu_versions>
<gpu_usage>.5</gpu_usage>
<cpu_usage>.5</cpu_usage>
</gpu_versions>
<max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
</app>
</app_config>

Fire$torm
01-31-13, 04:42 PM
Thx Ste\/e.

Question: Have you noticed issues with any projects using BOINC 7.0.4x? If not then I'll just go that route and run the app_config.

STE\/E
01-31-13, 04:47 PM
Thx Ste\/e.

Question: Have you noticed issues with any projects using BOINC 7.0.4x? If not then I'll just go that route and run the app_config.

I haven't really had any problems other than you get the "This Project is not the Highest Priority" Message. I just ignore it & work will Download on the 2'nd or 3'rd try, I haven't run out of work yet & I'm running 7.0.42 & 7.0.44 on all 18 of my Box's ...

I usually run all my Projects at 100 Resource Share, so each Project is not the Highest but it's the same as the others so I get work for any Project that way ...

STE\/E
01-31-13, 06:50 PM
Haven't had any Wu's hang yet so don't know if the .bat files is working or not, I'll let it run over night & can check the BoincTasks History file in the morn to see if any Hung & got restarted by the .bat file. They should show up as short run Wu's that completed ...

STE\/E
02-01-13, 01:53 AM
Well that didn't work either, woke up this morning with both Wu's Hung & running yet. One was at 6 Hr's the other at 25 Min's so it just hung ... So now the Problem appears to be that the .bat file won't stop the Wu when it should at 21 Min's ...

Duke of Buckingham
02-01-13, 04:47 AM
I use a app_config.xml file but you can try & change it to app_info.xml:

<app_config>
<app>
<name>test</name>
<gpu_versions>
<gpu_usage>.5</gpu_usage>
<cpu_usage>.5</cpu_usage>
</gpu_versions>
<max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
</app>
</app_config>

I tried that app and gain sometime because I had a better use of CPU and GPU. 54 minutes for 2 WUs so 27 minutes each, very good for my GPU, I was doing must worst before. Thanks STE\/E. =D>

STE\/E
02-01-13, 08:46 AM
Glad it works for you Duke ...

@F$' I'll post my .bat file, can you see anything wrong with it ??? It was suspending the Wu's but not restarting them, then I changed the Path to the boincccmd to the proper Path & now it won't Suspend the Wu's anymore when they reach the Time limit I set. The Path to the .bat file should be okay too, I've checked it several times already ...

CLS

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ nomorework

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 15

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ resume

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ allowmorework

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ update

Exit

Duke of Buckingham
02-01-13, 10:13 AM
:mad: No tasks for Donate at least for me. :p

Fire$torm
02-01-13, 01:27 PM
Glad it works for you Duke ...

@F$' I'll post my .bat file, can you see anything wrong with it ??? It was suspending the Wu's but not restarting them, then I changed the Path to the boincccmd to the proper Path & now it won't Suspend the Wu's anymore when they reach the Time limit I set. The Path to the .bat file should be okay too, I've checked it several times already ...

CLS

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ nomorework

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 15

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ resume

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ allowmorework

E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ update

Exit

Hmmmm, looks like you have two sets of problems.

1) You have an extra space where it should not be. E:\PROGRAM FILES \ should be E:\PROGRAM FILES\ This error is repeated for all the boinccmd lines.

2) You need to add quote marks to all directory paths. Example: "E:\PROGRAM FILES \BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd"

Batch files work at the shell/Command/DOS level and DOS is stupid. It sees any space as an End Of Line so it cuts off the rest of the statement. The quote marks say Hey stupid DOS, these spaces are not "End Of Line", so please keep reading"

All fixed below

CLS

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ nomorework

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 15

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ resume

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ allowmorework

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ update

Exit

STE\/E
02-01-13, 01:41 PM
Okay I'll try that, I just copied the .bat files from one of your Quotes, I wondered about the Space & tried it both ways but still didn't work but didn't have the " " so it wasn't going to work ... Thanks

EDIT: No work right now to try the .bat file out ...

Fire$torm
02-01-13, 03:00 PM
Okay I'll try that, I just copied the .bat files from one of your Quotes, I wondered about the Space & tried it both ways but still didn't work but didn't have the " " so it wasn't going to work ... Thanks

EDIT: No work right now to try the .bat file out ...

You can test the .bat file with another project like MooWrap just to make sure BOINC sees the commands.

For testing with MooWrap

@ECHO OFF

CLS

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://moowrap.net/ nomorework

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://moowrap.net/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://moowrap.net/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 15

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://moowrap.net/ resume

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://moowrap.net/ allowmorework

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://moowrap.net/ update

Exit

STE\/E
02-02-13, 08:34 AM
Project has work again, I set up a 2'nd Box with the .bat file to try & see if it works for me ...

STE\/E
02-02-13, 10:42 AM
Project seems to be down again ??? Wu's won't progress & the .bat file still doesn't work on either Box, doesn't stop the Wu's when the Time Limit is reached ... ~X( ... Back the WCG again for those 2 Box's ... :rolleyes:

STE\/E
02-03-13, 06:28 AM
I got the .bat File to work at least on one Box, trying it on another Box to see if the change I made works on it too ... I added a few minutes to the Time Limit too as I noticed some of the Wu's run a few minutes longer & don't really need to be reset ...

EDIT: I was mistaken, the .bat file is working as it does suspend the Wu & then resume it like it should but for some reason the Wu's revert back to the standard Donate Setting's of running just 1 Wu while the other Wu sit's idle & using the .991 CPU instead of the .5 CPU I have in the app_config file. Also the 1 Wu running runs slower than crap & I have to Exit BOINC & Restart BOINC again to get 2 Wu's running again like they should until another Wu Hangs again ...

Fire$torm
02-03-13, 04:44 PM
I got the .bat File to work at least on one Box, trying it on another Box to see if the change I made works on it too ... I added a few minutes to the Time Limit too as I noticed some of the Wu's run a few minutes longer & don't really need to be reset ...

EDIT: I was mistaken, the .bat file is working as it does suspend the Wu & then resume it like it should but for some reason the Wu's revert back to the standard Donate Setting's of running just 1 Wu while the other Wu sit's idle & using the .991 CPU instead of the .5 CPU I have in the app_config file. Also the 1 Wu running runs slower than crap & I have to Exit BOINC & Restart BOINC again to get 2 Wu's running again like they should until another Wu Hangs again ...

OK, I had to make certain assumptions.
*you have your remote systems setup with automatic user login.
*Your remote systems have BOINC set to launch with user login

This version of the .bat file will fix Donate then shut down BOINC and then restart the computer. I had to set it this way as restarting BOINC from within a batch file has weird behavior. The shutdown command has a small popup window (which can be ignored) and is set to restart the system with the default timeout of 30 seconds.

CLS

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ nomorework

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

SHUTDOWN /r /f

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ resume

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --project http://donateathome.org/ allowmorework

"E:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC64 MGR\boinccmd" --quit

Exit

STE\/E
02-04-13, 08:28 AM
OK, I had to make certain assumptions.
*you have your remote systems setup with automatic user login.
*Your remote systems have BOINC set to launch with user login

Yes, I get a split second of Power Outage every so often from ThunderStorms rolling thru, maybe once every 6 month's if even that often so I set them up that way as the Box's will power back on almost instantly. I could run UPS Battery Backups & did at one time but the Cost for the UPS's & replacement battery's & the extra heat created by the backups I decided it they just weren't worth it. I wasn't going to lose anything critical so I got rid of them all.

Your most recent .bat file works for me, at first it didn't quit do the job as when the Box rebooted only 1 Donate Wu would run when BOINC would start up & it would run real slow like 1 Hr + to run a Wu. The reason for that was because the Wu wouldn't be using any CPU Resources. There would be 8 CPU Wu's running after it rebooted, so I checked the BOINC Event Log to see if the BOINC Manager was seeing the app_config file in the Donate Directory. It was seeing it but was giving a Message about the Donate .exe file not being listed in the config file. So I guess it would revert to the standard Donate settings of running only 1 Wu.

Why it wouldn't use any CPU Resource I don't know because the Standard Donate settings are for it to use .991 CPU. Anywho I took the Config file out & put a app_info.xml file in it's place & now 2 Wu's start up when BOINC restarts again. They also use .5 CPU like the app_info.xml files says to use & run at there normal 18 Min's or so for 2 running. I was getting Wu Error's too when the Box's rebooted, with the new app_info.xml file in place with the Donate .exe listed I don't get the error's.

I also put a Shortcut to the BoincTasks .exe in the Windows Startup Folder so BoincTasks would restart when the Box rebooted. Without the Shortcut BoincTasks won't restart until you do it Manually.

This is the app_info.xml file I'm using if you need it, I guess you could name it app_config.xml, either way it should work:

<app_info>

<app>
<name>test</name>
<user_friendly_name>Donate ATI openCL app_info</user_friendly_name>
</app>

<file_info>
<name>dah618.exe</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>

<file_info>
<name>OpenCL.dll</name>
</file_info>

<app_version>
<app_name>test</app_name>
<version_num>618</version_num>
<platform>windows_intelx86</platform>
<avg_ncpus>0.500000</avg_ncpus>
<max_ncpus>0.500000</max_ncpus>
<flops>1e+11</flops>
<plan_class>opencl_ati_100</plan_class>
<api_version>7.1.0</api_version>
<file_ref>
<file_name>dah618.exe</file_name>
<main_program/>
<copy_file/>
</file_ref>
<file_ref>
<file_name>OpenCL.dll</file_name>
<open_name>OpenCL.dll</open_name>
<copy_file/>
</file_ref>
<coproc>
<type>ATI</type>
<count>0.500000</count>
</coproc>
<gpu_ram>268435456.000000</gpu_ram>
</app_version>

</app_info>

STE\/E
02-07-13, 04:02 AM
Project back up but now work ATM ...

STE\/E
02-07-13, 06:48 AM
What files do I need to run the opencl ATI Wu's on my Nvidia Cards. My GTX is taking 30+ Min's to run a Wu now, I know it was taking less than than some time ago but apparently I don't have the right files in the Project directory to run the ATI Wu's. I tried a app file I have but it doesn't work ...

Fire$torm
04-25-13, 08:03 PM
The bitcoind of the server crashed and corrupted the data. It will take almost 24 hours to rebuild it, in the meanwhile the project is down. gdf

More... (http://donateathome.org/forum_thread.php?id=210)

Well, it's been a couple of days and still no work. Now adding to it, the website is missing user stats and server stats. Maybe they are pulling the plug but don't want to admit it...? Time will tell.

trigggl
04-27-13, 11:53 AM
Well, it's been a couple of days and still no work. Now adding to it, the website is missing user stats and server stats. Maybe they are pulling the plug but don't want to admit it...? Time will tell.

That would really annoy me since I was just about to work on getting 10M there. Even tasks that are downloaded can't complete without the server apparently. I had to abort one just now because it's just been wasting crunching time doing nothing and the deadline's been reached.

Fire$torm
04-27-13, 01:54 PM
That would really annoy me since I was just about to work on getting 10M there. Even tasks that are downloaded can't complete without the server apparently. I had to abort one just now because it's just been wasting crunching time doing nothing and the deadline's been reached.

I hear ya but it looks like they may make a liar out of me..... :P The front page of their site has stats again. Although earlier I still couldn't connect to their server. Anyhoot Keeping my fingers crossed.

Fire$torm
05-25-13, 02:26 PM
Bump.

Looks like Donate is running better since the server upgrade. I started running it after the Pentathlon and the 1 minute fails haven't surfaced (knock on wood). I have also seen very little of the run-on wu's but my workaround still works flawlessly when it does happen.