PDA

View Full Version : Computation error

Smuuth
12-11-10, 01:42 PM
I don't know what happened, but MW stopped working for me. I have an NVidia GTX295 GPU.

DrPop
12-11-10, 01:47 PM
Is it O/Ced at all? Maybe try a "reset" project or even a detach and re-attach to the project. They're really just getting good CUDA support, so maybe it just hung or something?

Smuuth
12-11-10, 01:50 PM
Is it O/Ced at all? Maybe try a "reset" project or even a detach and re-attach to the project. They're really just getting good CUDA support, so maybe it just hung or something?
Video card is not O/Ced. It was working great until I started getting those cuda_opencl tasks.

Maxwell
12-11-10, 03:31 PM
Do you have openCL installed on that computer? That would be my initial guess, but I don't have any CUDA cards that can crunch MW...

DrPop
12-11-10, 04:33 PM
Ah, that makes sense. Maxwell's probably on the right track.
I just checked at the Nvidia website for you, and try downloading the latest drivers - they say "support for OpenCL 1.0".
Also, might check in at the MW forum on their site; I did that once and got some good answers pretty fast.

Smuuth
12-12-10, 01:03 AM
Updating the Nvidia driver to 260.99 seemed to fix the computation error, however, now the GPU temperatures seem to be abnormally high (100-103º C) when crunching MW work units. Not sure I want to leave it running 24/7 at that temp.

Fire$torm
12-12-10, 01:30 AM
Updating the Nvidia driver to 260.99 seemed to fix the computation error, however, now the GPU temperatures seem to be abnormally high (100-103º C) when crunching MW work units. Not sure I want to leave it running 24/7 at that temp.

If your GPU fan is set to auto put it on manual and set it at least 70%. If you can stand the noise set it higher.

Slicker
12-12-10, 10:48 AM

Maybe it is telling you that it wants to crunch PG's PPS CUDA app for a while. Credits beat MW and maybe it won't run as hot.

Smuuth
12-12-10, 12:23 PM
Maybe it is telling you that it wants to crunch PG's PPS CUDA app for a while. Credits beat MW and maybe it won't run as hot.Which one uses CUDA? PPS or PPS (Sieve)?

DrBob
12-12-10, 01:09 PM
Which one uses CUDA? PPS or PPS (Sieve)?
Proth Prime Search (Sieve)
List of PrimeGrid Applications --> http://www.primegrid.com/apps.php

Beerdrinker
12-12-10, 01:42 PM
Proth Prime Search (Sieve)
List of PrimeGrid Applications --> http://www.primegrid.com/apps.php

WOW Smuuth....

Glad you took the time to attend the boards....You are gonna like the RAC of those CUDA cards!!

DrPop
12-12-10, 06:57 PM
Haha! Good one. You will be amazed at what that little card will rock you in points on the new PG CUDA app! :D :cool: