PDA

View Full Version : Queations for all Eternity: POLL #1

NJCaNS
12-12-10, 12:54 AM
As if I need to tell you or could prevent you: feel free to leave a comment after you vote.

Send me a PM of other questions that could be asked in this series. I have a few others but depending upon how many I have in reserve will determine how frequently I'll post a new one.

p.s. Not sure about using the public option. I don't want people to see who specifically voted what way but not sure if that's what it means. Might just have meant you can see the current vote before you actually vote. I'm not sure that's a good idea either but might need an Admin to change that. Doesn't seem to be an re-editable field by me as far as I know right now.

Maxwell
12-12-10, 03:43 AM
Assuming you mean life, the destination is death. How you get there is the fun part...

trigggl
12-12-10, 09:34 AM
First I need to know what "it" is. Also, what is a queation?

Examples of knowing what "it" is:
School/Job --> destination
Motorcycle/Mountain Top --> journey

Slicker
12-12-10, 10:57 AM
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. -- I disagree.

DrPop
12-12-10, 06:56 PM
The journey is what molds you into a being suitable for the destination.

NJCaNS
12-13-10, 01:36 AM
Maxwell: you say death, I say heaven/afterlife?

Trigggl: Does the IT really matter? Graduation vs the 4 years to get there? Getting the job or getting to the job? Getting the motorcycle or to the mountain top VS sitting on it? :)

Slicker: see Maxwell

DrPop: You have to be "suitable" for the destination? :-? Since when? Aren't there a lot of example of people not suitable for where they are? Like our bosses? :D

STMahlberg
12-13-10, 06:19 AM
Well, here's my 2 cents...

For one, I don't see death as an end.

Also, don't assume that there is a destination... perhaps there isn't one... perhaps it's all only a journey.

DrPop
12-13-10, 12:49 PM
Heh...well, I will admit I was referring to a "destination" beyond this present, physical illusion of a reality. ;)

trigggl
12-14-10, 07:11 AM
Maxwell: you say death, I say heaven/afterlife?

Trigggl: Does the IT really matter? Graduation vs the 4 years to get there? Getting the job or getting to the job? Getting the motorcycle or to the mountain top VS sitting on it? :)

Slicker: see Maxwell

DrPop: You have to be "suitable" for the destination? :-? Since when? Aren't there a lot of example of people not suitable for where they are? Like our bosses? :D
Yes, to me, IT really does matter.

I went to school to get the job not for the pleasure of homework and learning a bunch of stuff I don't care about to take my major. (Theology, Chemistry, History, Biology, etc...:-&...Did I forget Management?)

When I (used to) go for a motorcycle ride, I made it my goal to not have a destination. The only reason to go up a mountain is the excellent curves they present.

thepossum1
12-16-10, 08:29 AM
Getting there is half the fun, in the case of going to visit certain relatives, it's ALL the fun.

When I was a kid, we'd go for drives and the best ones were where we got "lost"--my dad, being a man NEVER asked directions.

On the other hand--if you're going some place that's awesome, the destination can be better than the trip---especially if it lays along a route that is BORING. But then, it all depends on how you're looking at things.

denim
12-16-10, 01:16 PM
I agree with Stephen Tyler.