PDA

View Full Version : Hazzards of sytem maintenance

Mr. Hankey
10-17-12, 09:01 PM
So I have been doing a bit of maintenance on my cruchers as of late to resolve some HW issues and do some upgrades. As such I have pulled a couple of the boxes out from under the house and been working on them and of course making sure they are stable before putting them back down under the crawl space. Since this involved doing a couple of RMAs and purchasing some new parts there have been at least two crunchers up in the house for the last month or so.

Today I got an email at work from my wife:

You seem to have left a vacuum cleaner running in the family room. We're all getting tired of the noise, but I'm afraid it might damage it if we unplug it. Maybe while we're out tonight, you could see about fixing it.

Mumps
10-17-12, 09:50 PM
So I have been doing a bit of maintenance on my cruchers as of late to resolve some HW issues and do some upgrades. As such I have pulled a couple of the boxes out from under the house and been working on them and of course making sure they are stable before putting them back down under the crawl space. Since this involved doing a couple of RMAs and purchasing some new parts there have been at least two crunchers up in the house for the last month or so.

Today I got an email at work from my wife:

One advantage of having a basement (where the wife never ventures) to keep or work on the "noisy" computers. :)

zombie67
10-20-12, 11:48 PM
One advantage of having a basement (where the wife never ventures) to keep or work on the "noisy" computers. :)

Most californians: What's a basement?

Mumps
10-21-12, 08:58 AM
Most californians: What's a basement?

A Crawl-Space that requires a set of stairs to get into/out of rather than crawling. :)

Mike029
10-21-12, 09:03 AM
A Crawl-Space that requires a set of stairs to get into/out of rather than crawling. :)

Most Floridians: What are stairs?