PDA

View Full Version : 5970 hanging on MW

Al
10-21-12, 02:35 AM
I was wondering if anyone with a 5970 is seeing this. My 5970 works fine on everything but MW. I can consistently catch it hanging for hours on a wu...both processors will hang. I do not have this problem with either of my 5870's, one of which is in the same box as the 5970. I'm using .28 BM and CCC 12.8. It happens when overclocked and at stock clocks. Since it only happens with mw, it seems logical, to me, that there might be a problem with the DP on this card. Heat does not appear to be an issue according to AB and the VRM temperatures appear okay via GPU-Z. Any other ideas before I try to RMA it?

Mike029
10-21-12, 09:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone with a 5970 is seeing this. My 5970 works fine on everything but MW. I can consistently catch it hanging for hours on a wu...both processors will hang. I do not have this problem with either of my 5870's, one of which is in the same box as the 5970. I'm using .28 BM and CCC 12.8. It happens when overclocked and at stock clocks. Since it only happens with mw, it seems logical, to me, that there might be a problem with the DP on this card. Heat does not appear to be an issue according to AB and the VRM temperatures appear okay via GPU-Z. Any other ideas before I try to RMA it?

I had the same problem with my 5970 IF I used an XML file to run more than one wu. Running only one wu worked fine for me. I tried it on all the BM 7+. I did not try it on the last 6.12.34 as I am running Poem on that box.

Hope it helps.

Al
10-22-12, 01:29 PM
Nope, not running an app_info. Hmmm, continues to run everything except mw. Weird.