PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my gtx 570

shralper
10-25-12, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone,
Recently got my computer back from my brother. I noticed that my GTX 570 is no longer recognized by my computer. The NVIDA manager, my hardware manager, nor my device manager show the card. Here is what is wierd to me though... The 570's fan is still running and the gtx 560TI which is running in the MOBO's secondary slot works perfectly.

What I've tried:
Taking the card out and putting it back in
Updating drivers

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appricaited

c303a
10-25-12, 11:18 AM
Have you swapped slots? You may have a dead slot. Or try it in a second box if you he one.

shralper
10-25-12, 11:35 AM
Going to try that now

Edit. Took the 560 out and put the 570 in its slot. Booted the computer up and monitor was black... So looks like something might be wrong with the card?

Edit 2. Testing with my working card has shown both slots work

Fire$torm
10-25-12, 02:03 PM
Have you tried the 570 in both slots? Does the card get warm?

Actually before testing the card, give it a close visual inspection including all connectors. Check for broken solder joints for the PCIe power connectors (if visible) and look for oxidation or corrosion on the PCIe Bus contacts.

shralper
10-25-12, 02:37 PM
Have you tried the 570 in both slots? Does the card get warm?

Actually before testing the card, give it a close visual inspection including all connectors. Check for broken solder joints for the PCIe power connectors (if visible) and look for oxidation or corrosion on the PCIe Bus contacts.

I've tried the card in both spots. Fan still spins in both slots but i'll put it back in and check if it gets warm.

Also checked the card for any damage and can't see any.

I contacted EVGA, (i got the card with the lifetime warranty) and have a pending (1-2 day) approval for an RMA. I'd still like to trouble shoot it a bit, so as to not have to send it in. But i'm starting to think something might be wrong with the card.

On a side note the EVGA customer service was very good. Although the tech couldn't fathom why i was running a 560ti and 570 haha. He told me twice you know those two cards aren't SLI compatable with each other.

John P. Myers
10-25-12, 02:54 PM
Although the tech couldn't fathom why i was running a 560ti and 570 haha. He told me twice you know those two cards aren't SLI compatable with each other.

lol i don't what my impression of that is, considering EVGA has had their own Folding@Home team for the past 5 years. I guess this tech never got involved :p

c303a
10-25-12, 06:19 PM
I'd just bite the shipping costs and send it back. It takes them a couple of days to do the RMA and another couple of days once they get it back the make sure it is complete. I had a 2 week turn around on my cards.

shralper
10-25-12, 07:08 PM
I'd just bite the shipping costs and send it back. It takes them a couple of days to do the RMA and another couple of days once they get it back the make sure it is complete. I had a 2 week turn around on my cards.

Yeah that's what i'm going to do now. Got approved for the RMA and the shipping label. I'll be dropping it off tomorrow morning.

c303a
10-26-12, 09:58 AM
Just hope they don't have any GTX 570's in the rebuilt or reconditioned state and maybe they will give you an upgrade. GTX 570 to ? like they did for me when they upgraded my 2 GTX 465' to GTX 470's.

shralper
10-26-12, 11:13 AM
Just hope they don't have any GTX 570's in the rebuilt or reconditioned state and maybe they will give you an upgrade. GTX 570 to ? like they did for me when they upgraded my 2 GTX 465' to GTX 470's.

That would be awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed. The card is on its way to EVGA now. I'm hoping it doesn't take to long for them to process and return, I want to put that card back to work.

c303a
10-26-12, 02:23 PM
As you know the cards come out of California. To Wisconsin is 4 days but with all the processing it is more like 7 days. Still, you can't complain when they actually honor the lifetime warranty and I must say they do it with no hassle.

shralper
10-28-12, 11:29 PM
As you know the cards come out of California. To Wisconsin is 4 days but with all the processing it is more like 7 days. Still, you can't complain when they actually honor the lifetime warranty and I must say they do it with no hassle.

I sent mine out Friday and UPS said it would take three days. I agree about EVGA and there warranty. By far the best customer service I have ever dealt with.