PDA

View Full Version : GPU-Z not showing load for AMD?

zombie67
10-30-12, 10:57 PM
Ever since I updated to 12.9 beta or later versions, GPU-Z doesn't show GPU load anymore, for my 7970s. All the rest of the sensors are working normally, but the load sensor shows 0. And if I look at the load via CCC, everything looks normal. And run times are normal. So it's clear that the load is not really 0, it is just that GPU-Z isn't reading it for some reason. And this across all my machines with 7970s. What's up??

Also, CCC sucks as a load monitoring tool. Until this GPU-Z thing is resolved, is there another tool that does something similar?

Fire$torm
10-31-12, 03:08 AM
Ever since I updated to 12.9 beta or later versions, GPU-Z doesn't show GPU load anymore, for my 7970s. All the rest of the sensors are working normally, but the load sensor shows 0. And if I look at the load via CCC, everything looks normal. And run times are normal. So it's clear that the load is not really 0, it is just that GPU-Z isn't reading it for some reason. And this across all my machines with 7970s. What's up??

Also, CCC sucks as a load monitoring tool. Until this GPU-Z thing is resolved, is there another tool that does something similar?

MSI Afterburner will do the job. Utilities from CPUID like Hardware Monitor (Link (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html)) or PCWizard (Link (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html)) might also have that function.

EmSti
10-31-12, 10:45 AM
I don't use GPU-Z very often but I took a look and got the same results as you. Upgraded to current version and I got an error on Intel OpenCL being out of date. Not sure if that is because I didn't stop GPU work or if there is another issue. Upgraded version is still not showing GPU load on the AMD.

If I had more time I would dig into the OpenCL thing, but unfortunately I don't.

zombie67
10-31-12, 07:40 PM
Thanks for confirming my observations. Glad to know it's not me.

GregK
10-31-12, 07:54 PM
gpu-z shows incorrect clock on my nvidia.