PDA

View Full Version : POEM: nvidia app_info.xml suddenly not working

zombie67
11-04-12, 01:59 AM
I just started getting this across all my nvidia machines. Anyone else?

zombie67
11-05-12, 09:31 AM
I just started getting this across all my nvidia machines. Anyone else?

No one else getting this?

52133 Poem@Home 11/5/2012 6:30:10 AM Message from server: Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of POEM++.

I have changed nothing. I checked the app page @ PEOM, and they are still listing the same old apps. Nothing changed there.

Duke of Buckingham
11-05-12, 10:19 AM
The POEM++ that is in there is the CPU version of the POEM++ Open CL, we use for GPU, if you want to download also some tasks of the CPU version you must put also the version currently in use for CPU at POEM in the app.

somanyroads
11-05-12, 10:21 AM
52133 Poem@Home 11/5/2012 6:30:10 AM Message from server: Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of POEM++.

Get that Notice every day on every machine, but they continue to crunch.:-??

Duke of Buckingham
11-05-12, 10:29 AM
This message is very ancient. Every time the system donīt have GPU tasks it looks to see if it has CPU tasks and as it has not a usable version to crunch POEM on CPU gives that message. Nothing important but if someone wants to crunch CPU also need to include the software to crunch CPU.

Both CPU and GPU are POEM++ from there comes some confusion for the use of the same name.

It is the Intel x86-compatible CPU 1.04 version for windows and AMD x86_64 or Intel EM64T CPU 1.03 for Linux and Mac OS 10.5 or later running on Intel 64-bit CPU 1.03 versions.

zombie67
11-05-12, 10:58 AM
It sounds like that is a normal message. Fair enough.

So then why am I not getting any GPU tasks? Nothing has changed. Not the drivers, not the version of BOINC, not the app_info.xml. Nothing.

Duke of Buckingham
11-05-12, 01:00 PM
Because POEM++ Open CL as no tasks to deliver at this moment.

This is a problem of the last few days of the server but they will deliver tasks on time I am sure.

coronicus
11-05-12, 01:02 PM
i been having the same issue since i started poem back up, barely can keep any work unit much less get a cash of em so looks like they are having issues giving out work or something else is wrong..

STE\/E
11-05-12, 01:51 PM
I don't seem to have any problems getting Wu's right now, I did a few days ago but never ran out ...

I get the "Message from server: Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of POEM++." Message too

Al
11-05-12, 01:53 PM
No problem here either. 3 days work on all boxes.

coronicus
11-05-12, 02:07 PM
well then i guess my issue is still the scheduler issue i had from before.. For some reason it hates my setup and refused to get more then 5 poem wu at a time and take forever to decide to download more im sure this is due to cash of simap wu i have... Soon as simap is over ill try that beta one someone mentioned hopefully that will fix it.

zombie67
11-05-12, 02:13 PM
Thanks. I think my problem is the stupid back-off logic of BOINC. No work, and each back-off request gets longer and longer.

But if you have work, then you are regularly reporting completed tasks. So maybe they don't have work each request. But you get more frequent requests, if it accompanies reporting completed tasks.

If you have work, you get work. If you don't you don't.

Duke of Buckingham
11-05-12, 02:30 PM
The work is not much but I have always enough of it.

I noticed that sometimes the upload doesn't happen at once and takes sometime, at first I thought maybe it was a problem with internet connection, now I am starting to think maybe is a problem with the space available (on disk) as they are producing more tasks they ever imagined. But about this I am not sure maybe I am having in fact some problems with my internet connection.

Anyway till now I never had less than 300 tasks available.

kaptainkarl1
11-05-12, 08:41 PM
I have been getting inconsistent numbers of wu's and not enough to keep my gpu busy. I am running something else until it gets sorted out...

Fire$torm
11-05-12, 09:32 PM
Not sure what I'm doing different but so far I have not noticed any wu supply issues. I currently have 37 in cache on the one system crunching POEM.

EmSti
11-06-12, 12:44 AM
No one else getting this?

I have changed nothing. I checked the app page @ PEOM, and they are still listing the same old apps. Nothing changed there.

As near as I have been able to figure out this message is ignorable. I think it means there is no section for CPU crunching, but I could easily be wrong. I have had that message ever since I strted using the app_info.xml for GPU crunching. The only time I ran into trouble was when it added OpenCL text to the end of that message.

kaptainkarl1
11-06-12, 09:08 AM
As near as I have been able to figure out this message is ignorable. I think it means there is no section for CPU crunching, but I could easily be wrong. I have had that message ever since I strted using the app_info.xml for GPU crunching. The only time I ran into trouble was when it added OpenCL text to the end of that message.

Yes I have been getting that in my event log as well. Then the shortage of wu's started. I was getting some but my gpu was running 3 or 4 instead of 6 at a time.

I am committed to running POEM long haul but will be waiting until someone sorts this out.

kaptainkarl1
11-07-12, 09:41 AM
Is anyone else still having issues getting POEM work? I still have not gotten any work and even when I suspend all work on GPUs on my machine the server will not give me any work. I even reset the project.

Any ideas?

Al
11-07-12, 09:54 AM
Is anyone else still having issues getting POEM work? I still have not gotten any work and even when I suspend all work on GPUs on my machine the server will not give me any work. I even reset the project.

Any ideas?

What version of BM are you running? You might try detaching and then adding Poem again. Sometimes resetting doesn't do it.

Duke of Buckingham
11-07-12, 10:08 AM
Maybe that is good idea Al. I have more than 4 days of work to crunch on POEM and besides punctual problems everything is going fine.

STE\/E
11-07-12, 03:05 PM

Any ideas?

If your using a app_info file take it out & see if POEM will give you any Wu's. If it does put the app_info back in the POEM Project directory & maybe it will give you work then, it'll wipe out any Wu's you do have of course. I've gotten POEM to send me work that way ...

kaptainkarl1
11-07-12, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys! Reinstalling the app info worked wonders. Hopefully I will pick up steam again.