PDA

View Full Version : "Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of POEM++" ERROR(how i fixed)

Eagle70ss
11-14-12, 04:21 AM
So I was crunching along and suddenly I got the a fore mentioned error....After getting this error POEM would not download tasks at all....I visually checked that the app_info filename and the POEM app matched i.e. (poemcl_1.3_windows_intelx86__opencl_ati_100)...Vi sually the app_info & poem app filenames looked identical...however I copied and pasted the string name from the POEM app into the app_info file and now everything is good. I guess somehow the filenames were not identical....hope this helps someone looking for a solution to this error.

Update#1 : On second inspection it looks like the filename might be unrelated...On my other machine I just had to keep moving the app_info in and out of the project folder and restarting boinc...Then POEM finally begins to act right and downloads WU after about 10 restarts...

Mr. Hankey
11-14-12, 01:31 PM
I have been getting that as well, this appears to be the response from the server that they don't have any WUs to send at that time, not that there is an issue with your app_info.xml. Although I suspect that if there was an issue with your app_info, it would also give this message. Kind of crappy honestly.

Duke of Buckingham
11-14-12, 02:07 PM
This is for all over the forum. Everyone receives that message when there are no GPU tasks to download but I am almost sure that that POEM++ that the project says we don't have an usable version is the CPU POEM++. They both are called POEM++ the GPU version and the CPU version. I think from there comes the confusion. You can see this thread but it is not the only one there are more of it on the forum.

http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php?4293-POEM-nvidia-app_info-xml-suddenly-not-working

Eagle70ss
11-15-12, 11:45 PM
I have been getting that as well, this appears to be the response from the server that they don't have any WUs to send at that time, not that there is an issue with your app_info.xml. Although I suspect that if there was an issue with your app_info, it would also give this message. Kind of crappy honestly.

Ok, so they are just running out of work then...wow that is a pretty convoluted way of saying "hey we're out of work" when you could just say " bummer man..we're out of work for dat "GPU" app"...:D Makes it sound like there is something wrong with the POEM++ app on the client....anyways thanks for the info..