PDA

View Full Version : How to change my credits from a Team into another one?

Xuyongchen
11-19-12, 11:04 PM
Do you know how to change the credits of BOINC from a Team into another one? I saw someone did it before. I changed my Team from Team China into SETI.USA but I could not find my name in your Team. I think I have crunched around 500,000 credits in SETI.USA..
Thank you so much!

Xuyongchen
11-19-12, 11:25 PM
Oh..I think I found the way

Fire$torm
11-20-12, 12:22 AM
Hi Xuyongchen,

It takes a little time for any changes you make (for a team or project) to show on the stats sites like Free-DC. If your on the team then you are sharing the credits. And thanks again for your help. :-bd

Slicker
11-20-12, 08:41 AM
Credits earned while on a team stay with that team even if you later change teams.
Team credits are by project, so to change to a new team, you much join the new team in each project.
That also allows you to help out some other team on a specific project while remaining on your own team for all other projects. Just don't forget to switch back to your own team when the challenge is over.

Xuyongchen
11-20-12, 09:32 AM
Well, actually it is strange. I joined SETI.USA for about 10 projects. However, the new credits were still added into Team China. This occurred for a few weeks. So for some personal reason, I want to leave Team China for some time. Therefore, I just decided to change all my projects from Team China into SETI.USA.

Slicker
11-20-12, 09:38 AM
Well, actually it is strange. I joined SETI.USA for about 10 projects. However, the new credits were still added into Team China. This occurred for a few weeks. So for some personal reason, I want to leave Team China for some time. Therefore, I just decided to change all my projects from Team China into SETI.USA.

Bok's FreeDC site has a real nice page for checking your teams
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid2&cpid=36191aef9da8dd3cad46bcb48584d184

Bok - Since > 50% are SETI.USA, why does it still show Team China?

Duke of Buckingham
11-20-12, 09:42 AM
Today stats is showing that you changed in a lot of projects to Team Seti.USA as you can see in this link. Sometimes Boinc needs sometime to get the updates. Thanks for joining our team and hope the problem will be fixed soon. And I think the team showed is about the percentage of the credits.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=search&proj=&team=&name=XU%20Yongchen&exact=N&cross=N

Xuyongchen
11-20-12, 10:46 AM
Bok's FreeDC site has a real nice page for checking your teams
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid2&cpid=36191aef9da8dd3cad46bcb48584d184

Bok - Since > 50% are SETI.USA, why does it still show Team China?

I really have no idea...I changed several projects from Team China to SETI.USA. On the website of boincstats, I could find my name is under SETI.USA when I checked the project page. However, on my personal page, it showed that all the credits I crunched recently were still added into Team China.

I have changed all my projects into SETI.USA. I think boincstats may still need some time to show the result. Hope it works.

Xuyongchen
11-20-12, 10:51 AM
Today stats is showing that you changed in a lot of projects to Team Seti.USA as you can see in this link. Sometimes Boinc needs sometime to get the updates. Thanks for joining our team and hope the problem will be fixed soon. And I think the team showed is about the percentage of the credits.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=search&proj=&team=&name=XU%20Yongchen&exact=N&cross=N

This is what I could see in BOINCstats. Everyday, all my new credits will be added into Team China.
Although I changed several projects to SETI.USA, it shows that I am still in Team China.

sorry, the pictures are too small..
I have changed all my projects into SETI.USA to see if it works. Maybe BOINCstats will show it at noon.

Duke of Buckingham
11-20-12, 10:54 AM
Xuyongchen the update for changing some account details is once a day and I don't know the time of it because the same is giving in Boinc stats page.

But in the projects you are already at Team Seti.USA don't worry about that. You are crunching with us and we know that and that is what really counts my friend.

Xuyongchen
11-20-12, 11:09 AM
Xuyongchen the update for changing some account details is once a day and I don't know the time of it because the same is giving in Boinc stats page.

But in the projects you are already at Team Seti.USA don't worry about that. You are crunching with us and we know that and that is what really counts my friend.

Then, that should be fine. I am just worry about the credits added into my Team China account.

Xuyongchen
11-20-12, 11:40 AM
Wooo,problem solved. Let me enjoy crunching with you!:o

John P. Myers
11-20-12, 11:33 PM
Wooo,problem solved. Let me enjoy crunching with you!:o

Welcome to the team :-bd

Mike029
11-21-12, 02:20 PM
Then, that should be fine. I am just worry about the credits added into my Team China account.

:-bd:-bd

Duke of Buckingham
11-21-12, 04:06 PM

http://www.thedailytouch.com/media/2012/08/welcome.gif