PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready??

Beerdrinker
12-17-10, 01:10 PM
So guys. This is it! The final showdown of the year..!! We have been figthing hard all year long, and we have proven that SETI.USA is still a force to consider!!!

It´s time for the final ROLL CALL so that we one last time can show SG and the world that the #1 slot at PG challenge series is SETI.USA´s! :-bd

Dorsilfin
12-17-10, 01:39 PM
Im onboard

2 GTX 570's
2 8800GTS 512's
1 GTS 250 512
1 9800 GT 512

and 16 cores..

Lets make a good showing!

Mike029
12-17-10, 01:44 PM
Ready!! Just waiting to push the button.

DrPop
12-17-10, 02:05 PM
Alright everyone I am going to SPAM this thread a few times in the next 18 hrs.

***PLEASE*** make SURE your cache for PG is EMPTY by the start of the challenge tomorrow morning. Any WUs downloaded before the challenge WILL NOT COUNT!

Thank you. If you couldn't tell, I *REALLY* want to win this one. :D

And I'm in @ 10:00 AM tomorrow.
Pop's and Kat's rigs - 5870, 5850, 4870, 4850 +8 cores
Brother's rig - 1 CUDA + 2 cores
Maybe Uncle's and Dad's rigs if I can talk them into it one last time! :D

Harley
12-17-10, 04:10 PM
I'm more than ready! Let the crunching begin.>:/

joker
12-17-10, 06:06 PM
I am ready but it would appear that my computers are not. Tried to run some test WUs and get nothing but Computational Error's. Happens on all 3 of my computers. Have latest CCC, BOINIC and SDK installed but nothing. Have preferences set to allow both CPU and GPU. Running XP SP3 32-bit on all. Any suggestions?

Fire$torm
12-17-10, 10:19 PM
I am ready but it would appear that my computers are not. Tried to run some test WUs and get nothing but Computational Error's. Happens on all 3 of my computers. Have latest CCC, BOINIC and SDK installed but nothing. Have preferences set to allow both CPU and GPU. Running XP SP3 32-bit on all. Any suggestions?

Are they CPU or GPU wu errors?

Beerdrinker
12-18-10, 12:41 PM
GENTLEMEN!!

Start your engines!! We are ready to go!!

Liftoff in 17 minutes!

joker
12-18-10, 01:21 PM

GPU errors.

Fire$torm
12-18-10, 01:49 PM
GPU errors.

I know the challenge has already started but....
My suggestion would be to reinstall some of the bits and bytes.

Use the Windows uninstaller to remove CCC. Then use Driver Sweeper to clean up after Windows. Reboot and install CCC 10.12 APP. Then reinstall BOINC and reboot again.

AMD Catalyst™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology Edition (XP x86) (http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_xp-32.aspx)

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/)

BOINC Manager (x86) (http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/boinc_6.10.58_windows_intelx86.exe)

Edit: While using Driver Sweeper, If you get any complaints from it or Windows then reboot into Windows "Safe Mode" using the "F8" key on system restart then run Driver Sweeper again. Then reboot.

joker
12-18-10, 01:57 PM
I know the challenge has already started but....
My suggestion would be to reinstall some of the bits and bytes.

Use the Windows uninstaller to remove CCC. Then use Driver Sweeper to clean up after Windows. Reboot and install CCC 10.12 APP. Then reinstall BOINC and reboot again.

I did that last night and only 1 out of 3 systems will crunch. Even tried it twice on the other 2 in case I somehow did it wrong. :mad:

Fire$torm
12-18-10, 02:14 PM
I did that last night and only 1 out of 3 systems will crunch. Even tried it twice on the other 2 in case I somehow did it wrong. :mad:

You could just NUKE those Bad systems. One Tactical Warhead should suffice. :P

The problem could be with Windows XP (Some of my friends refer to it as Windows with eXtra Problems) especially if you use the Home edition of XP.
I do recall somethig on the PG forum about having to install the ATI SDK package and adding some environment variables to Windows. Try searching them for any updated info.

DrBob
12-18-10, 02:55 PM
I did that last night and only 1 out of 3 systems will crunch. Even tried it twice on the other 2 in case I somehow did it wrong. :mad:I have seen references that a version of MS .NET Framework (3.5?) was needed for ATI GPU. The newest version of .NET I have on my ATI box is 2, but I do have both 32 & 64 bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package installed and my 4870 has been running fine with and without the app_info.

Dunno if that’s what the problem is on your end but installing the C++ libraries only takes a minute or two, worth a try if you already do not have them installed.

32 bit --> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Fire$torm
12-18-10, 03:26 PM
I have seen references that a version of MS .NET Framework (3.5?) was needed for ATI GPU. The newest version of .NET I have on my ATI box is 2, but I do have both 32 & 64 bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package installed and my 4870 has been running fine with and without the app_info.

Dunno if that’s what the problem is on your end but installing the C++ libraries only takes a minute or two, worth a try if you already do not have them installed.

32 bit --> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
Me thinks DrBob is correct.
I searched PG forum and found the SDK ref is for Linux. Sorry.

For future reference there is a utility called Belarc Advisor (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html) which will give you the lo-down on everything Windows related that is installed on your system. It is free and spyware/malware free.

joker
12-18-10, 04:26 PM
I have seen references that a version of MS .NET Framework (3.5?) was needed for ATI GPU. The newest version of .NET I have on my ATI box is 2, but I do have both 32 & 64 bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package installed and my 4870 has been running fine with and without the app_info.

That was the ticket! :D 2 5830s, 1 4870, and 8 cores are now fully functional. Thx for your help guys. ^:)^

DrPop
12-18-10, 06:36 PM
Ah, you are going to rise in the ranks fast now! :D

Welcome aboard!

DrBob
12-18-10, 08:38 PM

32 bit --> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=enThat was the ticket! :D 2 5830s, 1 4870, and 8 cores are now fully functional. Thx for your help guys. ^:)^Great to hear installing the C++ libraries corrected the problem. I mentioned this to a couple others that couldn't get their ATIs to crunch but never heard back from them.
Glad to see your boxen @100% for the Challenge!

CRUNCH ON!

joker
12-18-10, 09:37 PM
Great to hear installing the C++ libraries corrected the problem. I mentioned this to a couple others that couldn't get their ATIs to crunch but never heard back from them.
Glad to see your boxen @100% for the Challenge!

Something I would have never thought of. Thx for the assist DrBob.

Beerdrinker
12-19-10, 01:49 AM
Great news Joker!