PDA

View Full Version : AnandTech: Z77 mITX Round-Up

zombie67
01-01-13, 01:14 AM
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6516/z77-mitx-roundup-five-of-the-best-msi-zotac-asrock-evga-and-asus

ASRock Z77E-ITX: Recommendation

The ASRock Z77E-ITX provides a solid package that hits the price/performance ratio square on the jaw. Their BIOS and software packages provide a better all around experience than most of the competition, and the ease of use ticks all the boxes. Placing the mSATA on the reverse of the motherboard is a great idea. Where some companies are trying to innovate on the hardware, ASRock are attacking both hardware and software, with perhaps some room for improvement. But at $150 (or in the sales) it is definitely worth a look.

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe: Bronze Award

While the ASUS may not strike bang-for-buck, it does hit the target of being the best board in this roundup without hitting the prize for being the most expensive. With a daughterboard for the VRMs, the P8Z77-I Deluxe willfully expands the available PCB area without an ounce of regret, paving the way for future designs of a similar nature on other products. We get the best audio codec out of the bunch, the best Ethernet NIC, a (personally) preferred socket/chipset orientation, stellar performance in selected benchmarks, and one the best BIOS/Software combinations available. Also, USB ports and video outputs galore, with perpendicular ring antenna combined with a 5 GHz WiFi module. Minor defects are what separate the great from the supreme products, but the great ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe should be in the back of your mind no matter what Z77 mITX you decide to purchase.

John P. Myers
01-01-13, 06:55 AM
Nice. I gotta give it to Asus on that one. That bored is sexy and brilliant at the same time. And the socket is backed away from the PCIe slot enough for a normal cooler to mount. Love it.