PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia GT 430...Can it crunch?

Beerdrinker
12-18-10, 10:00 AM
Hey team.

I just tripped over a new nvidia card while looking for something else...This migth be the solution to my "concerns"...

Itīs this:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gt-430-us.html

I have seen one here in Denmark priced around 60-80$ which "i think" I can digg up sometime after x-mas..

Now....

Can it crunch??

Fire$torm
12-18-10, 11:12 AM
Hey team.

I just tripped over a new nvidia card while looking for something else...This migth be the solution to my "concerns"...

Itīs this:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gt-430-us.html

I have seen one here in Denmark priced around 60-80$ which "i think" I can digg up sometime after x-mas..

Now....

Can it crunch??

Yes it does and with Double Precision.

DrPop
12-18-10, 02:27 PM
Beer, what are your other options? Like the next jump up price wise? That 430 will crunch, but it's really positioned for the HTPC enthusiast crowd. Only about 2/3 the power of a GT 240.

If you could hold out a while longer for something better...I'm just curious what your next jump up is over there. I understand prices can be a little crazy in Europe on things like this.

Beerdrinker
12-18-10, 02:44 PM
Beer, what are your other options? Like the next jump up price wise? That 430 will crunch, but it's really positioned for the HTPC enthusiast crowd. Only about 2/3 the power of a GT 240.

If you could hold out a while longer for something better...I'm just curious what your next jump up is over there. I understand prices can be a little crazy in Europe on things like this.

Hmm not sure actually...

I am searching some danish forums for 2 hand cards. The older models must come down, now that the 570 and 580 has landed..?

I think I saw a GTX275 go for like 125$ yesterday...I were hoping to make it before this challenge....But now that itīs obvious that I donīt - I migth as well save some more..

My current "hidden" saving is around 70$ and I have a board I can get a few bucks for also...As things are rigth now...I can "hide" around 10-15$ every 14 day from my share of expenses around here. So it will take me around 3 months to cross 200$ barrier

I could on the other hand....Come clean to "she who must be obeyed" and just ask for permission...But itīs kinda "fun" to be sneaky.....:p

Fire$torm
12-18-10, 03:30 PM
Hmm not sure actually...

I am searching some danish forums for 2 hand cards. The older models must come down, now that the 570 and 580 has landed..?

I think I saw a GTX275 go for like 125$ yesterday...I were hoping to make it before this challenge....But now that itīs obvious that I donīt - I migth as well save some more..

My current "hidden" saving is around 70$ and I have a board I can get a few bucks for also...As things are rigth now...I can "hide" around 10-15$ every 14 day from my share of expenses around here. So it will take me around 3 months to cross 200$ barrier

I could on the other hand....Come clean to "she who must be obeyed" and just ask for permission...But itīs kinda "fun" to be sneaky.....:p

"O helvede ja det er. Indtil du bliver fanget." (Google translated)

Beerdrinker
12-19-10, 02:29 AM
"O helvede ja det er. Indtil du bliver fanget." (Google translated)

Sad but so true.....

Well, I am certainly looking to do some trading...Maybe in the new year with a little luck...This pc hold only a very old 250GB HD and running Vista...Very hogging when even playing youtube HD trailers..Need to replace that HD soon.