PDA

View Full Version : POEM: Scheduler Update and ATI cards

RSS
01-09-13, 06:20 AM
We have just upgraded our server software with a small change to the memory allocation for ATI cards.We don't expect problems, but if you are using an old client version and have trouble getting GPU tasks, please reply here.

More... (http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/forum_thread.php?id=878)

Duke of Buckingham
01-09-13, 09:21 AM
:confused: If we have trouble getting GPU tasks &/%$"!E$... What are you talking about, I have problems getting tasks for long now. I just got 3 so I am very happy, I think I will make a party ... <:-P

Al
01-09-13, 10:56 AM
Hmmm....I'm still not having a problem getting work when I want it. I got 600 overnight 2 days ago.

Duke of Buckingham
01-09-13, 12:54 PM
Yeha now I am getting 4 each time but the work is running. Two days ago I got some tasks as my stats can show but yesterday I run dry ...

I never had problems before, this must be some trouble with the OS. I need to run the antivirus and clean the registry (and other cleanings) of the computer, I think.

I never had 300 tasks has I used to have but maybe it is my fault. The computer is heavier also and is running slower. I have been lazy lately.

Duke of Buckingham
01-09-13, 04:04 PM
Oh my, I was full of Trojans and other virus. Made a complete clean and the images that I had on the right and bottom of the Firefox screen disappeared.

Most of the confusion and pollution of the screen stopped. Man I thought, it was something of BOINC or SETI USA of publicity but in fact it was everywhere.

Now, I am feeling very stupid and idiot, all those images (and text) flashing and confusing me were Trojans ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5vXiK23E92E/UCr5UCtSlzI/AAAAAAAACi8/RNPICfm8Z7U/s1600/trojan-horse.jpg

trigggl
01-09-13, 05:00 PM
Now, I am feeling very stupid and idiot, all those images (and text) flashing and confusing me were Trojans ...

You can get the Trojans out with a little Greece.

Duke of Buckingham
01-09-13, 05:35 PM
I took them out with Avast but I lost some hours to clean the HD.