PDA

View Full Version : No New Tasks? "Project is not the highest priority"

litehouse43
01-15-13, 03:14 PM
Hi all,
Has anyone ever gotten this error on their event log? I am running an ATI card, a Nividia card and 6 cores on the computer which is throwing the issue. The project which is running on the cores is continually starved for work because tasks will not download because it "is not the highest priority project". However, my preferences are set so the CPU project has 75% focus in the resource share. Anyone familiar with this problem? Are there work arounds? I can never seem to build a CPU project queue on this computer so I am figuring it has to do something with the enabled GPU's as all of my other computers do not have this issue.

Thanks,
Jack

Duke of Buckingham
01-15-13, 03:37 PM
:p For some strange reason my Boinc manager just reset the preferences and I had to try several configurations before things get (more or less on track). It seems to me that is problem with the latest version (7.0.44) of Boinc manager but better wait for someone that knows more about computers to help you. I just put 99% on use at most in the percentage of the processors, sorry my Boinc manager is in Portuguese but that should be more or less the English translation.

Sorry I can not help more but we can always say: HELP :o

Fire$torm
01-15-13, 04:17 PM
THAT has been going on since BOINC version 7.x.x. Its a pain in the butt really. It's a Dave (or is it David) Anderson thing. What seems to work for me with my mixed GPU boxes is to have resource share (RS) settings in the thousands range rather then the default 100. But it needs to be set for all projects you crunch. In my case all projects have a RS of 1,000, with the exception of WUProp & FreeHAL which I have set to 500. Every once in a while I'll still get that notice in which case I suspend the other GPU and update the problem project. Once that project downloads some work I resume the other GPU and things carry on as they should.

litehouse43
01-21-13, 08:08 PM
Ah ok thanks guys. I actually ended up buying another case and splitting the cards by company. I took the easy way out :rolleyes: Problem solved. I could see that being annoying though for anyone with mixed card cases. One for the dev-team I guess.

Mike029
01-22-13, 11:22 AM
Ah ok thanks guys. I actually ended up buying another case and splitting the cards by company. I took the easy way out :rolleyes: Problem solved.

Sweet!!