PDA

View Full Version : URL

DrBob
12-22-10, 09:39 PM
Do we have any idea if the team's URL (setiusa.net) will ever be directed to our homepage on the new server? :confused:

Dandasarge
12-22-10, 09:58 PM
Do we have any idea if the team's URL (setiusa.net) will ever be directed to our homepage on the new server? :confused:

I would love to know! Also thanks I did notice my toolbar now brings me here :D

NJCaNS
12-22-10, 11:49 PM
And is there still a way to access to old site? I had some addresses in PM's I forgot to take.

DrBob
01-02-11, 02:04 PM
Do we have any idea if the team's URL (setiusa.net) will ever be directed to our homepage on the new server? :confused::confused:

Slicker
01-03-11, 12:01 AM
Oops! This page appears broken. Anyone with a link to the previous forums gets the above message. I really don't care what MB we use, but if we are switching, the links should at least be forwarded.
The main page may give a link, but anyone bookmarked to the forums should also be redirected automatically (e.g. meta tag????)

DrPop
01-03-11, 01:09 PM
It shouldn't be hard to just point the CName here - not sure who has access to that, but it could be done really quickly by whoever does.

Mr. Hankey
01-03-11, 01:33 PM
All very true....

Teratoma and BJ-21 are working out the transfer synchronization process. The holidays slowed things down a bit.

Fire$torm
01-03-11, 04:07 PM
All very true....

Teratoma and BJ-21 are working out the transfer synchronization process. The holidays slowed things down a bit.

I take it this includes both the database as well as the URL?

Teratoma
01-05-11, 10:43 AM
The first step is to get the Domain transfered so we can start using the old URL. The database will be worked on after that, unless Mr. Hankey has worked something out with BJ already.

NJCaNS
01-05-11, 11:41 PM
The first step is to get the Domain transfered so we can start using the old URL. The database will be worked on after that, unless Mr. Hankey has worked something out with BJ already.Curious: Has that started? Does it take a long time to do? Is there an ETA?