PDA

View Full Version : DDR2 question

Crazybob's Son
03-15-13, 05:07 PM
So I bought some DDR2 from a guy off of craigslist last night. When I went to pick it up, he asked which type of DDR2 I had because he had different kits where the space between the pins was different. Just wondering what the difference in the two is? I never had any issues with the DDR2 that I have fitting into any board that needed it.

EDIT: to give example the primary memory modules that i've used have 64 pins/side on one side of the slot and 56 pins/side on the other. The odd memory module has 68 pins/side on one side of the slot and 52 pins/side on the other

Crazybob's Son
03-15-13, 05:25 PM
I suppose I should have looked up the memory part number before posing the question

Link to Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1GB-HP-Hynix-HYMP512F72BP8D2-Y5-AB-A-ECC-PC2-5300F-667MHz-240-Pin-Server-Memory-/400357757812?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Me moryRAM_JN&hash=item5d372e9374)

In past experiences, the ECC memory states ECC on it. Why the hell doesn't this one??

Anyways, the guy sold me this set along with another 2x1Gb non-ECC set and I don't think I have any PC's that use ECC DDR2. Anyone need them?

And of course I couldn't resist but to refer him to check out SETI@home, DC projects, and stop by the team site/forums :D