PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

nanoprobe
03-29-13, 06:09 PM
With the cache limit of 100 POEM tasks per machine I run out of work daily. When I look at the stats that doesn't seem to apply to everyone. Sure makes me wonder.

Duke of Buckingham
03-29-13, 06:15 PM
With the cache limit of 100 tasks per machine I run out of work daily. When I look at the stats that doesn't seem to apply to everyone. Sure makes me wonder.

I don't understand nanoprobe. Is that in a project and if yes what is that project or is it for all Boinc?

I have not that problem in any project.

Too fast, I see is POEM, sorry I don't run that project for a time.

Fire$torm
03-29-13, 08:12 PM
With the cache limit of 100 POEM tasks per machine I run out of work daily. When I look at the stats that doesn't seem to apply to everyone. Sure makes me wonder.

My observation parallels yours but with the added frustration of never being able to DL anything close to what you can......

zombie67
03-29-13, 09:33 PM
1) Fast GPUs are wasted on POEM. So use your slower GPUs for POEM instead. For example, I use old 8800 GTs, running three tasks (.333), each with a full CPU thread dedicated.

2) Use BOINC project updater to keep a full queue.

nanoprobe
03-29-13, 11:47 PM
1) Fast GPUs are wasted on POEM. So use your slower GPUs for POEM instead. For example, I use old 8800 GTs, running three tasks (.333), each with a full CPU thread dedicated.
I'm only using my 7770 running 4 tasks. Sold off all the other stuff.

2) Use BOINC project updater to keep a full queue.
Been using it. Updates every minute. Got 5 tasks in the last 12 hours. PITA! How can they have 140k CPU tasks and 0 GPU tasks ready to send? How is someone able to do 9 mill PPD when I can't even keep 1 machine running? This crap happens every weekend and almost every night during the week after about 10 PM EST. Today it started at noon. Looks fishy to me.

Ron Shurtz
04-03-13, 10:43 PM
I was wondering the same thing about something being "fishy" about getting POEM tasks for quite awhile now.

I keep jumping through a lot of hoops just to get a few, while others on their statistics list don't seem to be having the same problem.

I keep thinking that there is some upper hand way of getting the available tasks besides a project updater that we don't know about.

Maybe I'm just a suspicious person.

I'll keep trying once they get the servers back up.

Duke of Buckingham
04-04-13, 06:07 AM
I was wondering the same thing about something being "fishy" about getting POEM tasks for quite awhile now.

I keep jumping through a lot of hoops just to get a few, while others on their statistics list don't seem to be having the same problem.

I keep thinking that there is some upper hand way of getting the available tasks besides a project updater that we don't know about.

:p Poetry is out of fashion, is outdated as some of us. :mad:

nanoprobe
04-04-13, 11:01 AM

POEM is based in Germany and P3DN never seems to have problems getting work. Draw any conclusion you want from that. :confused:

Slicker
04-04-13, 11:09 AM
I think I read that POEM has had server problems and is moving new a new server and/or ISP so it will probably be down for a while.

Ron Shurtz
04-05-13, 11:16 PM
The POEM server seems to be back up.
With a little persistence, I got my 100 task limit.
My GPU is now happy and running cooler.