PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Primegrid?

Duke of Buckingham
04-01-13, 05:33 AM
Do we have anyone from the team on Primegrid?

I have a task running for 200 hours and I think I will finish it some small hours after deadline. It is quite crazy because Boinc usually sees the deadline and put the task on maximum priority in order to finish on time. This time Boinc Manager simply ignore it. Never happened to me before. :mad:

10 days of crunching will go to trash if the deadline isn't extended. One more day will be more than enough. b-(

Is there anyone that can solve this problem?

This is the Genefer task I am doing http://www.primegrid.com/result.php?resultid=440527679

STE\/E
04-01-13, 03:06 PM
I'm running a lot of PrimeGrid, if I were you I would just finish the Wu & you'll probably get Credit for it because you'll be the 1'st one to turn it it even if it is past the Deadline, I've done that before & got Credit for the Wu ...

Duke of Buckingham
04-01-13, 07:03 PM
I'm running a lot of PrimeGrid, if I were you I would just finish the Wu & you'll probably get Credit for it because you'll be the 1'st one to turn it it even if it is past the Deadline, I've done that before & got Credit for the Wu ...

Thanks STE\/E. Very good to know maybe I will finish on time it is going a small bit faster.:)

zombie67
04-01-13, 07:55 PM
Right. There is usually no problem returning a task after the deadline. Sequence of events:

You are issued the task.
The due date passes without you returning the task, and a replacement task is issued to another.
Almost certainly, you will complete that long task well before the guy with the replacement task. You get credits.
The replacement task eventually gets returned by the other guy, he gets credits too.

denim
04-01-13, 08:19 PM
I am always running PG :)

Slicker
04-01-13, 11:19 PM
Right. There is usually no problem returning a task after the deadline. Sequence of events:

You are issued the task.
The due date passes without you returning the task, and a replacement task is issued to another.
Almost certainly, you will complete that long task well before the guy with the replacement task. You get credits.
The replacement task eventually gets returned by the other guy, he gets credits too.

You can credit the PG admins for making all that happen. As far as I know, BOINC will normally abort the second WU whether in progress or not and the second computer won't get any credit. Obviously, the PG admins have made adjustments as usual to fix BOINC's shortcomings. It isn't the first time either. They really do a good job in general.