PDA

View Full Version : GPU-Z v. 0.7.0 Released

John P. Myers
04-17-13, 11:49 PM
Download here. (http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/) Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8

* Added support for AMD Radeon HD 7990, HD 8550M, HD 7340, HD 7290, HD 8670D
* Added support for NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, 680MX, 675MX, GT218 based 9400 GT
* Fixed TMU count for RV620
* Fixed voltage monitoring on HD 7790

Duke of Buckingham
04-18-13, 02:24 AM
Download here. (http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/) Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8

Done. Can someone explain (for a retarded) what ATI crossfire is and why mine is not enable?

Fire$torm
04-18-13, 03:45 AM
Done. Can someone explain (for a retarded) what ATI crossfire is and why mine is not enable?

Sure thing Duke.

ATI Crossfire is the linking together of 2 same model ATI GPUs with a "Crossfire Cable". Crossfire allows the two cards to act as one and share the work load. But is really only used for games, CAD & graphic processing programs.

Duke of Buckingham
04-18-13, 07:37 AM
Sure thing Duke.

ATI Crossfire is the linking together of 2 same model ATI GPUs with a "Crossfire Cable". Crossfire allows the two cards to act as one and share the work load. But is really only used for games, CAD & graphic processing programs.

Thanks F$.

"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."
ISAAC NEWTON

Slicker
04-18-13, 06:58 PM
Sure thing Duke.

As I understand it, by using 2 GPUs, you get about 180% of the speed as you would with just one, so for crunching you probably don't want it enabled as you can run 2 WUs each at 100% on most machines if you have 2 GPUs. Sometimes the second or third slot slows down a little, but it is probably still better than crossfire crunching if that is even possible.

Duke of Buckingham
04-18-13, 07:38 PM
As I understand it, by using 2 GPUs, you get about 180% of the speed as you would with just one, so for crunching you probably don't want it enabled as you can run 2 WUs each at 100% on most machines if you have 2 GPUs. Sometimes the second or third slot slows down a little, but it is probably still better than crossfire crunching if that is even possible.

Thanks Slicker that was a good information to add for future use. I was only curious about the meaning of ATI crossfire disable on GPU-Z.

The economic situation in Portugal is not good to have more than one GPU crunching even one need some personal effort and commitment, at least for me.

Fire$torm
04-18-13, 08:00 PM

True but in the BOINC world it doesn't really work out that way. This is one of the reasons cards like the HD 7990 (dual GPUs on one card) have a hard time on some projects. Dual GPU Radeons use a built-in Crossfire bridge. As I understand it (so plz correct me if I am wrong), Crossfired cards mainly allow for the potential but apps need some extra code to fully utilize that potential.

zombie67
04-18-13, 08:43 PM
BOINC doesn't see crossfire or SLI. Even with (say) two cards setup crossfire/SLI, BOINC still runs two separate tasks, on each GPU.