PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into WoW?

Justgeo1
04-28-13, 02:18 PM
I've been playing for about a year now and it's a great time waster! b-)

Mr. Hankey
04-28-13, 11:41 PM
I waste quite a bit of time doing wow actually. I have lately also been playing MWO (Mech Warrior Online) which is F2P.

This is my main wow toon: Ferickmon (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Ferickmon/advanced)

Fire$torm
04-29-13, 12:35 AM
Errrr, no... Sorry. Tried the free trail but couldn't quite get into it. I much prefer FPS titles like WoT, DoD, Hawken and the like.

Mr. Hankey
04-29-13, 01:00 AM
Errrr, no... Sorry. Tried the free trail but couldn't quite get into it. I much prefer FPS titles like WoT, DoD, Hawken and the like.

You should try MWO if you like FPS games, it uses the same engine as Crysis

Fire$torm
04-29-13, 03:18 AM
You should try MWO if you like FPS games, it uses the same engine as Crysis

Roger that. I'll install it later this week, got some roof repair work & yard work to do for the next few days.

dmike
04-29-13, 08:47 AM
Played WoW for years, before that, the original EQ since '99. After all that time, I finally walked away from MMOs.

I still game pretty hardcore, but no more MMO for me.

John P. Myers
04-29-13, 02:21 PM
Never played WoW. Watched others play it and read about it and concluded it wasn't challenging enough for my tastes :p Been playing FFXI for 9 years though, off and on.

Gopher_FreeDC
04-30-13, 01:23 AM
Yeah Used to play WoW but stopped playing when It got boring as heck doing rinse and repeat on a daily basis to get stuff, the last expansion I bought which I no longer have, left it at home (6,000 miles east of here approximately), was Rise of the Lich King, it was a little far fetched but it worked, the 2 after that - broke the lore totally and I wasn't paying for them....

Used to love doing a "Leeroy" :D most fun ;) or killing gold farmers ;)...

Justgeo1
07-09-13, 07:26 PM
I looked at your toon, pretty K00L! I've tried several other MMO's and just can't get into them... maybe someday... :cool:

I waste quite a bit of time doing wow actually. I have lately also been playing MWO (Mech Warrior Online) which is F2P.

This is my main wow toon: Ferickmon (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Ferickmon/advanced)

Justgeo1
07-09-13, 07:28 PM
For anyone interested, I'm on the Drak'Thul server and I currently have 11 toons at 70 or above... =:)

Slicker
07-09-13, 10:00 PM
Been playing DoD Neverwinter F2P lately. Mage hit level 60 today. Did almost every quest solo. Needed another person to help out on the final quests at lvl 59. Not sure if there is more to it other than PvP and PvE skirmishes now that I hit level 60 but since I won't spend $$$ on it, my armor is too bad to be a contender with that. Maybe I'll work on a rogue....

Steve Bohlen
07-10-13, 04:15 PM
Played WoW for years, before that, the original EQ since '99. After all that time, I finally walked away from MMOs.

I still game pretty hardcore, but no more MMO for me.

Old EQ player here too. What a great game. I've never played WOW though. I actually started going back in time and playing MUDs a few years ago. Still the MMO genre, just without all the flashy, 21st century graphics. ;) Anyone playing MUDs?

zombie67
07-10-13, 11:29 PM
Bah. NetHack is the pinnacle of computer gaming.

Pope Dan
07-11-13, 10:04 AM
WOW ate my soul
love/hate

Steve Bohlen
07-11-13, 10:05 AM
Bah. NetHack is the pinnacle of computer gaming.
I can't disagree with you there...seriously. Although I'm more of a Crawl (Stone Soup!) and Angband-like fan, there's nothing like the depth and replay value of a good roguelike.

Fire$torm
07-11-13, 01:13 PM
NetHack? Roguelike...??? Errr hmmmm okay? :P

Never could get into ASCII based gaming. Even Hitchhiker's Guide (My fav 5 book trilogy) got boring real fast. Guess it was because I could never figure out what to do with the lint in my pocket...

Chron3
11-19-13, 06:25 PM
Oh not any longer.

Let's see.

Charter Edition of Ultima Online, then followed that.
Then EQ (DE Necro's rule).
Then ran EqEmu, and played with the two kids at home on our own server.
Then found WoW, and played.
Once the kids moved on from MMORPGs, I went back to my long-time favorite: Combat Mission WWII series (something like 14 years playing their games - aka Squad Leader for the PC).

E-30
11-27-13, 09:01 PM
loved it till tthe last two pac they came out with had the lich king killed with my guild10 and 20 man raid was #1 for pally healers at level 80 on kagar server allince love it till it was a pain to grind all week jest to do three nights of raiding

Justgeo1
11-27-13, 09:05 PM
I'm currently on the private Beta group testing Elder Scrolls Online... Haven't gotten to play "real" game yet as we're still pushing the servers to get them to break! :)

E-30
11-27-13, 09:15 PM
sounds cool i am palying scarlet blade right not a game not for kids at all its rated r for sure if not x have not seen any of the x yet but they says you can run arund with nothing on at all

conf
12-13-13, 04:17 AM
You can find me on Wow server Lordareon char "Asatha", or HDRO Maiar same name.
Major Error, Hdro is Tolkiens "Master of the rings" or whatever, whats the Name for it in English ?
,- and both are European German Servers.

Anyone here playing Eve online ?? Have bought it but not started yet. Think its one worldwide universe, right ?

John P. Myers
02-12-14, 04:41 AM
I'm currently on the private Beta group testing Elder Scrolls Online... Haven't gotten to play "real" game yet as we're still pushing the servers to get them to break! :)

Hey Justgeo1, any update on how that game is looking? Lots of mixed opinions from other beta testers. What's your take? Got big into FFXIV for awhile but until new content comes out, i'm kinda bleh. FFXI released new content since i was last on though so may go back there for awhile. My 10th anniversary of playing FFXI is on April 4th. Might as well make it special :p

Justgeo1
02-12-14, 08:59 PM
Hey Justgeo1, any update on how that game is looking? Lots of mixed opinions from other beta testers. What's your take? Got big into FFXIV for awhile but until new content comes out, i'm kinda bleh. FFXI released new content since i was last on though so may go back there for awhile. My 10th anniversary of playing FFXI is on April 4th. Might as well make it special :p

It looks like it could be a fun game, but there are still a ton of bugs that need to be fixed. I think the game play is good, and as a PVE player it's easy to move from one quest to the next. I found it a bit hard to figure out crafting and such, but that will happen eventually. I haven't decided if I want to spend $100 for the fancy package or just get the digital stuff to start with. I didn't get any of the WoW collector stuff just the digital goodies... If you get the game, have fun with it! :)