PDA

View Full Version : eBay's new home page

John P. Myers
04-30-13, 07:10 PM
In a word: ugh. I don't know what it will look like to non-members or general people with no search history, but if you use eBay, there's a chaos of a homepage awaiting your next visit.

eBay was kind enough to ask me what i thought about it. Here was my response:

It's a jumbled mess. Random image sizes are no good. Also i get tons of images of things from categories i haven't searched in months. Aside from all that, why did you decide it was necessary to change anything anyway? Was there a good reason or did the devs just need some busywork? Next time please downsize their department before you go making a mess of things.

zombie67
04-30-13, 07:25 PM
Wow! What a bloody mess! And the biggest piece of real estate is taken up by their rotating ads. Ugh.

DrPop
04-30-13, 08:03 PM
Wow! What a bloody mess! ...

You guys made me look. I've got to agree, what a lame show. And yeah - there's a camera on there I was looking at over 3 months ago! :p

Gopher_FreeDC
05-04-13, 12:19 AM
Looks like someone thought a Wordpress look was in order... or at least the flashy photo plugin - the name escapes me right now...
Total bolloxing mess..

UI what UI layout....

I could have designed it better than that... Left to right fixed height stripe(s) updating maybe every 5 minutes with the newest item(s), left to right scrollable.. Older items dropping down to the next stripe.