PDA

View Full Version : NZXT Kraken X40 Testing

John P. Myers
05-04-13, 07:40 PM
Today i finally installed and tested this thing :) I'll keep it short...

CPU: i7-3770K stock speed
Motherboard: MSI Big Bang Marshal

Stock Intel cooler:
With HyperThreading disabled running 4 cores of WCG CEP2 @ 100% load and an ambient of 75F, avg. core temp was 61C

NZXT Kraken X40:
With HyperThreading enabled running 8 threads of WCG CEP2 @ 100% load and an ambient of 75F, avg. core temp was 50C

And that's it :)

Fire$torm
05-04-13, 07:53 PM
Nice. Question: I've read users complain about fragile fan blades. What say you on that?

John P. Myers
05-04-13, 07:58 PM
Nice. Question: I've read users complain about fragile fan blades. What say you on that?

No issue with my fan blades, but then i haven't stuck a coat hanger, dowel, or other formidable object into the spinning blades either.

Fire$torm
05-04-13, 08:01 PM
No issue with my fan blades, but then i haven't stuck a coat hanger, dowel, or other formidable object into the spinning blades either.

Finger test...????

John P. Myers
05-04-13, 08:16 PM
I can't stick my fingers in it either since it's now covered by the screen :p

Seriously though, they didn't feel weak to me when i spun them before installation. It is a 140mm fan, so the blades are longer than 120's making it easier to snap them off due to leverage, but they're still plenty sturdy enough to do their job for years without issue. I have it installed on the rear exhaust of my HAF X case.

Also i should mention that temp reading was with the fan only at 58%