PDA

View Full Version : PrimeGrid: 2010 Challenge Series Final Rankings

RSS
12-31-10, 02:04 PM
PrimeGrid's 2010 Challenge Series is final. This year saw tremendous growth as well as tougher competition. The expansion of "scoring positions" was a nice success and allow more users and teams to participate in the rankings.Congratulations to SETI.USA (http://www.primegrid.com/team_display.php?teamid=189) as the top team and Mr. Hankey (http://www.primegrid.com/show_user.php?userid=49582) as the top individual. They are the winners of PrimeGrid's 2010 Challenge Series. For complete, extended rankings please see: Individuals (http://www.primegrid.com/challenge/challenge.php#participant) | Teams (http://www.primegrid.com/challenge/challenge.php#team)As always, thank you for your help and support. We continue to be humbled by your participation. None of this is possible without YOU! :) Have a safe and happy Holiday season. See you next year for PrimeGrid's 2011 Challenge Series!

More... (http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=2975)

Crazybob
12-31-10, 02:25 PM
Congrats Mr. Hankey for taking top spot!

Mike029
12-31-10, 02:30 PM
Congrats.to everyone who participated in the challenge for a job well done. A Big shout to Hankey for number one!
A special thank you to all our friends and family who helped us in this tough competition. No contribution was too small. Every person that contributed even a single wu to our victory stands with us as 2010 champions.

Maxwell
12-31-10, 03:12 PM
Not only that, congrats to Mumps for 2nd place this year!!!

Mumps
12-31-10, 03:24 PM
Not only that, congrats to Mumps for 2nd place this year!!!
Bah! I'll humbly accept the congrats, but "2nd place" is just another way of saying "first loser" :)

But I'll happily take second place when someone as gracious as Mr. Hankey took first!

Mr. Hankey
12-31-10, 03:26 PM
YAY team! and thanks to family and friends!

DrPop
12-31-10, 03:29 PM
Wahhoooooo! :D Congrats to Hankey, Mumps, and the Team...and the extended team (TM) as well.

Maxwell
12-31-10, 03:35 PM
Bah! I'll humbly accept the congrats, but "2nd place" is just another way of saying "first loser" :)
You're just jealous you weren't the 77th loser like me!:cool:

Beerdrinker
12-31-10, 04:14 PM
CONGRATS TEAM!!

We really stood it through...From the very first challenge back in early 2010 and all year long...What a statement of dedication this is!

Fire$torm
01-01-11, 12:36 AM
CONGRATS TEAM!!

We really stood it through...From the very first challenge back in early 2010 and all year long...What a statement of dedication this is!

A big Roger 10-4 on that!

WTG Mr. Hankey & Mumps. A great One Two punch. Congrats and Mega Thanks to everyone who put forth cycles to make this happen.

Now, how about a repeat for 2011!!!

NJCaNS
01-01-11, 01:40 PM
Now, how about a repeat for 2011!!! Did you forget the smiley or are you (or we) serious about that?

I was trying to list off the SETIUSA team members on the final individual list and recognized only 24 or so names. I also didn't see some names I expected like DrPop, Maxwell, etc. I also probably missed a few names that are team members. Does someone want to review the list before posting? I'm also willing to post the list and make(edit in) changes if people PM me.

I also want to mention the #2 USA team in the competition: The US Navy finished 16th with a score of 1,019.

Fire$torm
01-01-11, 03:45 PM
Did you forget the smiley or are you (or we) serious about that?

I was trying to list off the SETIUSA team members on the final individual list and recognized only 24 or so names. I also didn't see some names I expected like DrPop, Maxwell, etc. I also probably missed a few names that are team members. Does someone want to review the list before posting? I'm also willing to post the list and make(edit in) changes if people PM me.

I also want to mention the #2 USA team in the competition: The US Navy finished 16th with a score of 1,019.
Oh, I'm totally serious about a repeat. Just not sure of what the others want. Remember there are many team members that are more interested in getting this team back to the top of the food chain and PG challenges make that harder to do. Its up to the group. If we can come to a consensus on primary, secondary and tertiary team goals, that would help members/volunteers decide where to put their bits and bytes.

krackedpress
01-01-11, 05:52 PM
When will the next PG Challenges start!!!!

I did the following in 2010;
347, 387, 431, 324, 285, 280, 359, 385, and 1144.
I do not know what happened for me to go from 385 for one and 1144
for the next. Well There is always 2011 Challenges.

zombie67
01-01-11, 05:54 PM
I think I am done with the PG challenges for a while.

Mumps
01-01-11, 06:06 PM
When will the next PG Challenges start!!!!

I did the following in 2010;
347, 387, 431, 324, 285, 280, 359, 385, and 1144.
I do not know what happened for me to go from 385 for one and 1144
for the next. Well There is always 2011 Challenges.

That last challenge was the only one that GPU's could be used. So you (and me too) got creamed by those folks that have lots more of those than we have CPU's. :)

STMahlberg
01-01-11, 06:36 PM
I didn't even place in Individual??? How is that possible? :-?

Fire$torm
01-01-11, 07:18 PM

"Scotty! We've got to have More Power!!!"

krackedpress
01-01-11, 08:02 PM
The overall for all 9 challenges or just the last challenge?
The overall placement most of did not get on the list, since it
was for the top X number of people.

For the last challenge, you should have been there somewhere.
I went to the listing for the last challenge, then I used by brower's
"edit>find option" to find my account user name for BOINC "Tim Lungstrom".

NJCaNS
01-01-11, 09:41 PM
Here is the list of 27 SUSA team members who earned any challenge points this year and appeared in PG's final individual list for 2010 (http://www.primegrid.com/challenge/challenge.php). To earn any individual points one had to finish among the top 100 individuals on ANY of the 9 challenges this year. If I missed anyone let me know and I'll add them here or repost the list.

NOTE: I did this list to recognize the contributions of SUSA team members to this year's effort. I was tempted to including other people who temporarily helped us but left them off if I thought they earned points under the same user account while crunching for their primary teams. This isn't meant to upset anyone and I'll change it if people want. I could also add the actual number of points earned but didn't think that was as important here.

1 Mr. Hankey
2 Mumps
13 Zombie67
26 JerWA
40 NJCaNS
42 Steve_Martin
53 Slicker
67 Teratoma
78 That's an album cover...(Maxwell??)
102 Sitarow
109 Vaio
113 Wanabeelee
121 Vidi Vici Veni
134 Dorsilfin
136 Persch, Patrick J.
150 Shadowlurker
173 John R.
185 JTFuel75
207 Dan T. Morris
222 DrBob
237 Donnie
242 Harley
254 George Eldridge
259 Tomba2
277 Keith
290 Fuzzytoad
293 Top Viking

NJCaNS
01-01-11, 09:53 PM
Oh, I'm totally serious about a repeat. Just not sure of what the others want. Remember there are many team members that are more interested in getting this team back to the top of the food chain and PG challenges make that harder to do. Its up to the group. If we can come to a consensus on primary, secondary and tertiary team goals, that would help members/volunteers decide where to put their bits and bytes.+1 on the team goals comment but I also give a +1 to Zombie's reply. This was mainly an all out effort for this one year. We can still be a presence in the competiton just because of who we are and that PG is giving some pretty good credits these days and it looks like PG could be the team's next 1 Billion mega milestone but I think our role in the competition would be more as a spoiler. IMHO and 2 cents.

It was one hell of a team/group effort though in 2010. :cool:

Maxwell
01-02-11, 04:00 AM
78 That's an album cover...(Maxwell??)

Yep. That's me! I got bored with my name, so I started changing them for the challenges...

I think I am done with the PG challenges for a while.
+1 here. The PG challenges keep interfering with what I want to do, so I'm going to retire from them. I want to start hitting my MM goals a bit harder than I have of late.

DrBob
01-02-11, 01:56 PM
...The PG challenges keep interfering with what I want to do, so I'm going to retire from them. I want to start hitting my MM goals a bit harder than I have of late.If the team decides to make an honest effort to take the 2011 Challenge series I'll still participate. :)

Harley
01-02-11, 02:32 PM
If the team decides to make an honest effort to take the 2011 Challenge series I'll still participate. :)

+1 here. I'm in.

Sarge104
01-02-11, 04:07 PM
If the team decides to make an honest effort to take the 2011 Challenge series I'll still participate. :)

+1 here. I'm in.

I think it might be interesting if the team does take an interest of taking the '11 gold in PG, the challenges are normally short (longest was 13 days) and I don't see how they take away from crunching people personal projects too much to spend the few days it would take to make Seti.Germany squeal. That in itself is why I participate ;D

Fire$torm
01-02-11, 06:06 PM
I think it might be interesting if the team does take an interest of taking the '11 gold in PG, the challenges are normally short (longest was 13 days) and I don't see how they take away from crunching people personal projects too much to spend the few days it would take to make Seti.Germany squeal. That in itself is why I participate ;D

You are one after my own rotten little heart :D

Fire$torm
01-02-11, 07:11 PM
http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=103&d=1293921225

NJCaNS
01-03-11, 12:16 AM
http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=103&d=1293921225
We need a trophy case/room to put team banners for display, including those from the past.
Anyone still have that go;d fish post that I hear so much about?

Fire$torm
01-03-11, 01:22 AM
We need a trophy case/room to put team banners for display, including those from the past.
Anyone still have that go;d fish post that I hear so much about?

The old team project banner pages are still up if you are interested though I realize this is not what you are asking for.

http://www.setiusa.net/mediaimages.html
http://www.setiusa.net/miscellaneous_images.html

All other links to the old site are N/A.