PDA

View Full Version : GPU sub-project credit return

denim
05-09-13, 09:09 AM
Since I think the heat from constant PPS SV GPU WU's is what cooked my big laptop, and I noticed the big temperature difference (thanks to MSI afterburner ;) ) my question is on the difference.

So does anyone know off hand how the credit return compares between PPS SV and GFN sub projects on PG? I ask because if they are not too far apart I will move off of PPS SV due to the heat issues.

Mike029
05-09-13, 09:18 AM
IIRC, PPS is the better paying project. But both of those will kill your laptop. What kind of gpu do you have in the lappy?
AMD, Collatz, Einstein (Einstein is the Pentathlon challenge gpu project and we can use help with that one. :o ) runs cooler for me. Or Poem for both Cuda and AMD but uses cpu cores.

denim
05-09-13, 10:38 AM
IIRC, PPS is the better paying project. But both of those will kill your laptop. What kind of gpu do you have in the lappy?
AMD, Collatz, Einstein (Einstein is the Pentathlon challenge gpu project and we can use help with that one. :o ) runs cooler for me. Or Poem for both Cuda and AMD but uses cpu cores.

I figured the PPS WU's were greater return, just wasn't sure how much of a drop off moving away from them would be. :(

The GFN WU's seems to run fairly cool on my little laptop and much cooler on my GT 430 in the old desktop. On the big laptop, it has a GeForce GTX 460M. But it has to be sent out because apparently with the top shelf Qosmio's, Toshiba did not release or sell parts or repair shops, so it has to be shipped in to Toshiba directly is what I am told.

denim
05-13-13, 09:56 AM
The big GFN WU's seem to run for ages, but they run very cool on the GPU. There is a big dip in RAC while they are being run due to the time.