PDA

View Full Version : Seems we did it, afterall

John P. Myers
05-12-13, 02:03 PM
Ever wondered what happened to all our data from crunching AQUA and to D-Wave in general? Seems they're alive and doing well. In fact, D-Wave's quantum computer was put up against a standard computer. D-Wave performed very well.

http://phys.org/news/2013-05-head-to-head-conventional-quantum.html

DrPop
05-16-13, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I just saw that somewhere. Awesome! Neat to see this stuff actually getting used in the real world, and glad we could help them out. I was always very sorry to see AQUA end, it was the best CPU credits for years. :D

Slicker
05-17-13, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I just saw that somewhere. Awesome! Neat to see this stuff actually getting used in the real world, and glad we could help them out. I was always very sorry to see AQUA end, it was the best CPU credits for years. :D

I still have the Lychrel CPU and GPU code and if the team wanted to host the project and give out ridiculous credits....

DrPop
05-21-13, 12:29 AM
I still have the Lychrel CPU and GPU code and if the team wanted to host the project and give out ridiculous credits....

If only I knew how to do that...*sigh*...could you imagine AQUA credits again with an i7 SandyBridge and higher? \:D/

Crazybob
05-21-13, 03:30 PM

I vote for THAT! :)