PDA

View Full Version : Something seriously wrong with my Collatz?

DrPop
05-13-13, 11:54 AM
I switched my GPUs to Collatz last night, and the nVidia card is pumping the SOLO_Collatz out awesome - around 32 mins each.
However, something is up again with this HD 5870. I noticed I got OpenCL collatz WUs on it, so maybe that is the problem? They are NOT Solo_Collatz, just the regular ATI Collatz is what I have checked in my preferences (I couldn't get the solo ones to work either) and when I check my computer, I've got a Collatz OpenCL WU that has been running for 7 hours and 15 mins, and it's only 29% completed! :confused: Shows my GPU load at 98%. If I suspend it and try another, one, I get the same slow results judging by how slow the % complete goes up. Wonder what's going on?
Do you guys think I need to change the drivers or reset the project on this computer or ??? I'm out of ideas...
Thanks for the help.

pinhodecarlos
05-13-13, 12:11 PM
Read this http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/forum_thread.php?id=1001.

Slicker
05-13-13, 12:12 PM
I switched my GPUs to Collatz last night, and the nVidia card is pumping the SOLO_Collatz out awesome - around 32 mins each.
However, something is up again with this HD 5870. I noticed I got OpenCL collatz WUs on it, so maybe that is the problem? They are NOT Solo_Collatz, just the regular ATI Collatz is what I have checked in my preferences (I couldn't get the solo ones to work either) and when I check my computer, I've got a Collatz OpenCL WU that has been running for 7 hours and 15 mins, and it's only 29% completed! :confused: Shows my GPU load at 98%. If I suspend it and try another, one, I get the same slow results judging by how slow the % complete goes up. Wonder what's going on?
Do you guys think I need to change the drivers or reset the project on this computer or ??? I'm out of ideas...
Thanks for the help.

Good luck. Unfortunately, I can't have both CAL and OpenCL apps and pick and choose. In theory DA's logic is supposed to run a couple of each and then go with the faster app after that. In reality, his logic is overly complicated and sucks. So, even though the CAL app has a higher flops estimate than the OpenCL app, it still sends out OpenCL WUs. Even after they are completed and the CAL app is 8x faster, it still sends them.

I used to have logic so that only HD 7xxx GPUs would get OpenCL apps, but after the server upgrade required to support Intel GPUs, that logic was lost. If I put it back in, then only HD7xxx GPUs can run the solo app as it doesn't have a Brook+ counterpart. So, I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place since the BOINC logic doesn't work and the scheduler won't let me make it work unless I can do app specific scheduling. At present, it is controlled by the plan class but ignores the app names.

{KWSN}Gemjunkie[TeaM]
05-21-13, 09:38 PM
If your collatz lasts for longer than four hours then contact your doctor. :)]

Duke of Buckingham
05-21-13, 09:52 PM
;61121']If your collatz lasts for longer than four hours then contact your doctor. :)]

I did that already

http://cdn.spectator.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Shrink-380x252.png
Dr. I have a problem with Collatz.

Slicker
05-22-13, 12:20 AM
I did that already

http://cdn.spectator.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Shrink-380x252.png
Dr. I have a problem with Collatz.

I love it!