PDA

View Full Version : Issues with BAM.....

Fire$torm
01-01-11, 12:48 AM
Lately, I have been having problems with BAM resetting individual system project resource shares to Zero almost every day. Anyone else seeing this?

Almost ready to dump BAM completely. Are either of the other Boinc account managers any better?

Mr. Hankey
01-01-11, 03:37 PM
I only get that issue when I try and use the resource share settings in BAM. So I stopped using that feature entirely. I really only use bam to attach/detach from projects, set no new work, or detach when done. I also find it handy to identify when some host is FUBAR and not communicating or reporting results.

zombie67
01-01-11, 05:50 PM
Lately, I have been having problems with BAM resetting individual system project resource shares to Zero almost every day. Anyone else seeing this?

Almost ready to dump BAM completely. Are either of the other Boinc account managers any better?

I don't see that problem. in any case, the other two AMs have a very limited project list to chose from.

Fire$torm
01-01-11, 07:20 PM
I don't see that problem. in any case, the other two AMs have a very limited project list to chose from.

Ok, thanks.

Swordfish
01-01-11, 11:04 PM
BAM is the best project manager out there. That said, I dumped it months ago due to it's tendancy to detach projects manually added from the clients. There are too many projects not listed in BAM.

Maxwell
01-02-11, 04:05 AM
I'm a micromanager, so I only use BAM for computers I rarely see. Any computer I'm at regularly I don't use BAM for...

STMahlberg
01-31-11, 12:20 AM
I have a question about BAM... Let's say I have 2 computers, Rig A and Rig B.

Rig A is at my house and I do not use BAM on this system. I am running project 1 and project 2 on it.

Rig B is at a friends house and I am using BAM to control that rig. I am running project 1 on this rig.

If I need to change projects on Rig B from project 1 to project 2 and I tell BAM to detach all hosts from project 1 and to attach all hosts to project 2, will it try to make changes to Rig A eventhough I don't use BAM on Rig A?

Fire$torm
01-31-11, 12:36 AM
I have a question about BAM... Let's say I have 2 computers, Rig A and Rig B.

Rig A is at my house and I do not use BAM on this system. I am running project 1 and project 2 on it.

Rig B is at a friends house and I am using BAM to control that rig. I am running project 1 on this rig.

If I need to change projects on Rig B from project 1 to project 2 and I tell BAM to detach all hosts from project 1 and to attach all hosts to project 2, will it try to make changes to Rig A eventhough I don't use BAM on Rig A?

Nope. It can only control the systems associated with the account.

STMahlberg
01-31-11, 12:41 AM
Nope. It can only control the systems associated with the account.

You have no idea how badly I wanted to here that. Very kewl.

Thoughts abound... >:)