PDA

View Full Version : Collatz Badges?

Al
06-20-13, 03:02 PM
Anyone else notice the Collatz badges that just showed up on my account page? Nice Slicker, I like badges. I can't seem to find info on qualifications. Can you point me at it? Thanks.
Edit: Found it.
http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/forum_thread.php?id=1029

STE\/E
06-20-13, 04:39 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ... More Badges ... :D

Bok
06-20-13, 04:42 PM
As soon as it's finalized I'll add to the banner :)

Fire$torm
06-20-13, 08:51 PM
As soon as it's finalized I'll add to the banner :)

I put my 2% in on the discussion forum.... :P

John P. Myers
06-20-13, 11:00 PM
Love the idea :D

Slicker
06-22-13, 07:40 PM
Should it be one badge for the current credits, or should the badges be earn as you go so once you get to gold, then bronze, silver, and gold all show up. If you think of it as milestones, multiple make sense. On the other hand most projects use one badge per app. Thoughts?

grathomp
06-23-13, 10:42 AM
Should it be one badge for the current credits, or should the badges be earn as you go so once you get to gold, then bronze, silver, and gold all show up. If you think of it as milestones, multiple make sense. On the other hand most projects use one badge per app. Thoughts?

I'd say one badge for current credit. Cleaner that way.

Bok
06-23-13, 11:31 AM
I prefer one badge only as well when it's all for the same subproject.

trigggl
06-23-13, 03:19 PM
Yeah, when they're different "metals", gold implies bronze and silver are surpassed. Once you reach gold, you're not at bronze or silver anymore.

STE\/E
06-23-13, 04:52 PM
If it's all for the same thing then 1 Badge would be good enough, keeps the Sig's cleaner, the Asteroid should only be 1 Badge too ... IMO

zombie67
06-23-13, 05:46 PM
If it's all for the same thing then 1 Badge would be good enough, keeps the Sig's cleaner, the Asteroid should only be 1 Badge too ... IMO

The problem with the asteroids, is that you can't tell what each element stands for. It doesn't use the universal colors that most other projects use. If you show all the badges, then you know that 4 is more than 3, for example.

STE\/E
06-23-13, 05:59 PM
The problem with the asteroids, is that you can't tell what each element stands for. It doesn't use the universal colors that most other projects use. If you show all the badges, then you know that 4 is more than 3, for example.

It's the same for the GPUGrid Badge, don't really know what the Badge stands for unless you go to the Project & check it out ...

zombie67
06-23-13, 06:10 PM
It's the same for the GPUGrid Badge, don't really know what the Badge stands for unless you go to the Project & check it out ...

Exactly. But unlike GPUgrid, asteroids gives you an additional badge each notch. So you can tell if you include them all in the badge banner.

John P. Myers
06-23-13, 07:24 PM
Exactly. But unlike GPUgrid, asteroids gives you an additional badge each notch. So you can tell if you include them all in the badge banner.

I agree with Zombie...i mean...bronze, silver and gold are all obvious, but if i have an emerald badge and another guy has a ruby badge, is my badge better or worse than theirs? I have no idea unless i go look it up. Likewise they have no idea unless they go look it up, or have spent the time to memorize it all.

I don't agree with having different badges for different Collatz apps since they all do the same thing, but i wouldn't mind seeing each Collatz badge you have all displayed at the same time, the same as it is in the Free-DC signatures.

DrBackJack
06-24-13, 12:23 AM
Badges !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU

Yeah, badges are kool !

Slicker
06-24-13, 07:06 PM
Done. It now reports a single badge.

Bok
06-24-13, 07:46 PM
Updated the code at Free-DC to only display the top one.