PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife@Home: "cheating" and rewatching videos

RSS
07-18-13, 02:01 PM
So I've gotten a couple emails, and now that I've finished my 1500 mile driving trip from new york back to grand forks, ND; it's probably time to figure out something to do about this.So I do really care that the videos are being watched appropriately, but I'm not quite sure of a good way to enforce that other than the validation scheme currently in place.I'm really open to suggestions if any of you have any good ideas. Typically when I watch a video I can grab the scroll bar and zoom through the video to find interesting areas, it seems pretty effective and a quick way to do things. I don't really want to make people sit for 3 minutes if they can scan through a video quickly and know something isn't there.I guess one option would be to allow a "flag user" option for after you've submitted your observations and have compared them to everyone else. If someone gets flagged by other watchers too frequently I could step in to make sure they're doing everything correctly. Although I think this would open a huge can of worms and has the potential for a bit of abuse...The second thing is rewatching video. Right now you can watch video for a species/location that's has had all it's video watched and validated. Should I disallow this? Or maybe allow it but not for credit?

More... (http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/wildlife/forum_thread.php?id=166)