PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife@Home: Validator issues

RSS
07-21-13, 05:30 PM
Hi Everyone, It looks like there have been some issues with the validator and videos being repeatedly shown to people when they really shouldn't. I should be implementing a few fixes for this tuesday (I have an important proposal to finish up for tomorrow). Here's the current plan: 1. I'm going to change how validation works. FIrst, videos will be shown to a maximum of 3 people for validation. If there is no perfect agreement by at least 2 of the three, then I'll have a webpage for Susan, her students and myself to look at to select what the correct observations are for that video and award credit accordingly. I think I'll also make a webpage to display these videos so people can get a better understanding of the tricky cases and why the observations were what they were. 2. I'm pretty sure I will implement a negative credit penalty for invalid observations The point of this is to make people more careful in video watching since there have been a few complaints about this. However, you'll be able to get this credit back, as in the next point. 3. I'm going to make a webpage where you can go over videos you've already watched that were marked invalid; which will let you update your observations to remove the credit penalty and to get partial (or maybe full?) credit back if they were previously marked invalid. I'll leave this open for comments and suggestions, before I start implementing things tuesday. cheers, --Travis

More... (http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/wildlife/forum_thread.php?id=175)