PDA

View Full Version : JPM back in action!

trigggl
01-12-11, 01:29 PM
I noticed on Free-DC just now that JPM has put up +100K on DNETC today.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=6363ecc12855138f61876a21feeef411

STMahlberg
01-12-11, 08:40 PM
I noticed on Free-DC just now that JPM has put up +100K on DNETC today.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=6363ecc12855138f61876a21feeef411

Now he just needs to get back on the board.

zombie67
01-12-11, 09:10 PM
Now he just needs to get back on the board.

Does he know where it moved to?

NJCaNS
01-12-11, 10:53 PM
Now he just needs to get back on the board.I miss miss his unique perspectives on life. Not to mention his credits. :-)

Fire$torm
01-13-11, 01:10 PM

The Old site still has an active link to this site. Now he just needs to figure out what to do with that little blue word....... :-o :-??

STMahlberg
01-13-11, 02:48 PM

Yes he does. :)

John P. Myers
01-13-11, 04:55 PM
Yes he does. :)

haha i posted last night on the hardware forum actually :p
but i have an issue. Boinc not seeing my ati card. it saw it before i updated :/ if i ever get that figured out, i'll be back to good credits again

John P. Myers
01-13-11, 05:16 PM
ok i'm stumped. no ATI recognition, but it sees the nvidia card. clearly the ati was working before i updated boinc because i turned in the 100k dnetc credits. is it boinc or ati's newest driver that's messing it up for me? this makes me a sad boy :(

Fire$torm
01-13-11, 06:34 PM
ok i'm stumped. no ATI recognition, but it sees the nvidia card. clearly the ati was working before i updated boinc because i turned in the 100k dnetc credits. is it boinc or ati's newest driver that's messing it up for me? this makes me a sad boy :(

Need some info.
Which ATI card, Catalyst version, OS version and BOINC Manager version?

First try uninstalling Catalyst via Windows uninstaller, reboot, then run Driver Sweeper (http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29_d1655.html) and then reinstall Catalyst.

If you have an ATI 3xxx series card do not use Catalyst 10.11 or above.
I have a problem with Catalyst 10.12 with my HD 4850. I cannot run two MilkyWay wu's concurrently.

Mike029
01-13-11, 06:51 PM
Welcome Back JPM!!!:)

Maxwell
01-13-11, 07:21 PM
All my s*** got f***ed up when I went to 10.12, so I backed down to 10.10. Are you running a dual ATI/Nvidia setup? And what OS?

DrPop
01-13-11, 07:23 PM
JPM, Great to have you back cap'n! ;) Try uninstalling your ATI drivers, then do DriverSweep, reboot, and then install the latest 10.12 drivers WITH APP edition (larger download). Those drivers seem to help a bit.

Best of luck and congrats on the credits...

trigggl
01-13-11, 10:39 PM
Welcome back. I was beginning to wonder if Maxwell and I scared you off. We're a scary bunch. :-B

In case you haven't been made aware yet, Primegrid is the place for CUDA. Hope you get the ATI thing worked out.

Keith
01-14-11, 08:16 AM
Welcome back JPM
Where have you been?

Keith

John P. Myers
01-16-11, 12:29 AM
Welcome back JPM
Where have you been?

Keith

been busy. moved and stuff. no free time til recently due to work. been real crazy.

and boinc still doesn't recognize the ATI card, but does see the nvidia. it's the exact same setup i ran before i disappeared. same OS, same exact cards, same everything, except drivers and boinc version. *sigh*

i changed drivers on the gpu 3x andd still nothing. fail.

John P. Myers
01-16-11, 12:40 AM
and i've just tried 4 different versions of boinc. nothing.

Maxwell
01-16-11, 01:04 AM
and i've just tried 4 different versions of boinc. nothing.
What are the specs? Did you plug the monitor into the ATI card?

John P. Myers
01-16-11, 01:25 AM
What are the specs? Did you plug the monitor into the ATI card?

lol well of course i did! i'm still JPM :/ couldn't see you otherwise. windows recognized the card. i could change all my clock settings, fan settings, everything except accomplish something in boinc.

but it all works now. got frustrated and just restored the comp settings from 5 days ago. everything is in working order and my credit ouput will be the same as it was. one of these days, i'll get back to the upgrades for the Maxwell Spanker! (no, i haven't forgotten!)

Duke of Buckingham
09-07-12, 12:21 PM
I have a question to JPM.

When are you reaching 1000 posts for me to post a nice picture I have waiting for the first one to reach there.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Mc1m_pUxcrU/Tm4RiMBpDgI/AAAAAAAATo0/Wzo0QqtGYyE/s1600/Woman-sticking-out-tongue-XSmall.jpg

Very, Very, Very Crazy Duke

John P. Myers
12-04-13, 06:53 PM
Duke! How rude of me not to answer your question, especially on your first post to me ever :p Except now i have no idea when i hit 1000 posts :/

Duke of Buckingham
12-04-13, 06:54 PM
You are now officially
http://gamerlimit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2000th.jpg

Duke of Buckingham
12-04-13, 07:16 PM
Duke! How rude of me not to answer your question, especially on your first post to me ever :p Except now i have no idea when i hit 1000 posts :/

Are you sure I have NEVER made a post to you?

I want to assure you that I consider you one of my dearest friends. Maybe I am so used to see you as part of the family that didn't pay enough attention, that is a very bad flaw on my side.

I can guarantee you that will be corrected very soon...

http://atchat.free.fr/graphics/love_and_romance/hugs_and_kisses/hugs_and_kisses_070.jpg