PDA

View Full Version : Sudoku: Accounts lost, actions to take

zombie67
01-14-11, 10:18 AM
Some of you may have noticed a drop in your credits or loss of MMs. This is why, and what you need to do to recover them.

http://sudoku.nctu.edu.tw/joomla/

NEWS

Dear all volunteers, our sudoku@vtaiwan system crashed around Jan 3rd, 2011. We would like to apologize to you all for the crash.
We have recovered our system. However, we still lost the login record of volunteers, including account/password, though we backup the credits of all volunteers. Since we cannot but reset the volunteer credit system, we need your help to restore your credits as follows.

Detach the old "sudoku@vtaiwan" project entry (in the projects folder), and then
attach new project "http://sudoku.nctu.edu.tw" project as a "new user", but remember to use the same name.

As long as you can register with the same name as before, we can restore your credits by adding the current saved credits back to the new system later.
Sorry for any inconvenience. And thank you very much for your continuous support.
Sudoku@vtaiwan Team, January 14th, 2011.

STMahlberg
01-14-11, 12:48 PM
As long as you can register with the same name as before, we can restore your credits by adding the current saved credits back to the new system later.

Dang straight I better get my 21 credits back! :p

Maxwell
01-14-11, 01:47 PM
Ooh... Maybe I can get all those credits I had that didn't export...

NJCaNS
01-14-11, 09:49 PM
Anyone remember the names of any of the top crunchers there? :ar!

zombie67
01-14-11, 10:00 PM
If worst comes to worst, BOK has a copy of the old stats archived. We're covered either way.

Maxwell
01-15-11, 01:27 AM
If worst comes to worst, BOK has a copy of the old stats archived. We're covered either way.
Mostly, but not totally. I had accrued over 200k between when they last exported stats and when they went FUBAR. Granted some is better than none, but I'd like to get all those credits back...

Now, we just need the project to come back up so we can upload again...

DrBob
01-16-11, 02:47 PM
Account recreated, hope they're able to restore credits.

zombie67
01-16-11, 06:24 PM
The message boards there should be turned on shortly.

Maxwell
01-16-11, 06:51 PM
The message boards there should be turned on shortly.
Woohoo!!!!