PDA

View Full Version : Subscription notifications?

zombie67
01-14-11, 05:54 PM
I joined several groups. I rarely remember to check them for new posts. So I subscribed to them, expecting to get email notifications. But no luck. Is it broken? Am I doing something wrong?

Maxwell
01-14-11, 08:45 PM
Plus one. :-bd

Mr. Hankey
01-14-11, 09:53 PM
Not sure... did you check your settings, you may have to enable email or popups for subscriptions notifications.

zombie67
01-14-11, 09:54 PM
Not sure... did you check your settings, you may have to enable email or popups for subscriptions notifications.

Everything is enabled. Nothing is turned off. Try it yourself.

Mr. Hankey
01-16-11, 05:10 PM
Ok, I have subscribed to two groups, area 51 and team MM one set to notify me by email and one by forum pop up... I will also check in the admin config sections and see if there is some kind of behind the scenes configuration that is missing.

zombie67
01-17-11, 12:22 AM
FWIW, earlier today I subscribed to a group that I was not previously (email notification), and for the first time got an email. Did something change? Maybe I need to unsubscribe to my other already-subscribed-to groups?

Mr. Hankey
01-17-11, 12:33 AM
FWIW, earlier today I subscribed to a group that I was not previously (email notification), and for the first time got an email. Did something change? Maybe I need to unsubscribe to my other already-subscribed-to groups?

I did not change anything admin side. I just got an email notification for an area 51 group update myself....

Maxwell
01-17-11, 12:44 AM
And the new Group posts link worked today for the first time in a long time...

zombie67
01-17-11, 12:59 AM
Okay, I will go back to my other subscribed groups, unsubscribe, and re-subscribe. Maybe that will fix it.

On a similar note, the big "What's New" button shows only new forum posts. It *should* show all of the sub-categiries (New Posts, New Group Messages, New Events, New Articles, New Blog Entries). And then, if wanted, the user clicks on one of the sub-categories to refine the search.