PDA

View Full Version : WE (SETI@Home) Made it to The BIG LEAGUES!

DrPop
09-17-13, 03:32 AM
I was browsing the new books at the local B&N, and what did I come across, but a new TIME book: New Frontiers of SPACE - From Mars to the Edge of the Universe by Jeffrey Kluger & Michael D. Lemonick, 2013.

In the chapter titled, "E.T., Are You Calling Us?" which begins on page 56, the SETI@HOME project and volunteers are listed along with a screen shot of SETI@HOME running on a computer! :D This is on page 62. :-bd

This is the first time I have seen our project(s) brought out in such a positive light in a book like this. It's a nice volume...so I just had to purchase it for the reference. ;) I'll post some good pics of the pages here, but I don't know how to get them to post full size, so please CLICK the little thumbnails here for a larger image!

shiva
09-17-13, 09:25 AM
I have a copy of a book titled "SETI Pioneers" that was written in 1990. scaned book but it must be too big to upload so will get it uploaded later, my job is calling. :)

Duke of Buckingham
09-17-13, 12:53 PM
Very nice I will see it better as soon I can.

Hello shiva.

http://www.isanam.com/scraps/hi-hello/hi-hello-12.gif

shiva
09-17-13, 02:04 PM
Hi Duke how you been. :)

Duke of Buckingham
09-17-13, 02:08 PM
Most of the problems are from the past now.

I am still alive and that is so good my friend.

Living and not being afraid of being happy.:)

http://mistakesaregoodies.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/happy.jpg?w=920

DrBackJack
09-18-13, 03:23 AM
I was browsing the new books at the local B&N, and what did I come across, but a new TIME book: New Frontiers of SPACE - From Mars to the Edge of the Universe by Jeffrey Kluger & Michael D. Lemonick, 2013.

In the chapter titled, "E.T., Are You Calling Us?" which begins on page 56, the SETI@HOME project and volunteers are listed along with a screen shot of SETI@HOME running on a computer! :D This is on page 62. :-bd

This is the first time I have seen our project(s) brought out in such a positive light in a book like this. It's a nice volume...so I just had to purchase it for the reference. ;) I'll post some good pics of the pages here, but I don't know how to get them to post full size, so please CLICK the little thumbnails here for a larger image!

Yeah that's neat there.

Fire$torm
09-19-13, 04:09 PM
I have a copy of a book titled "SETI Pioneers" that was written in 1990. scaned book but it must be too big to upload so will get it uploaded later, my job is calling. :)

Try upping to filedropper.com