PDA

View Full Version : Folar (Portuguese Bread)

Duke of Buckingham
09-19-13, 09:01 AM
http://imagem.band.com.br/27/f_154127.jpg

Ingredients

Mass:
7 eggs
½ kg flour
American cup ½ olive oil
60g fresh yeast

Stuff:
300g diced smoked sausage (bacon, smoked sausage, Portuguese sausage and sausage)

Preparation

Place in a bowl the eggs, oil, baking powder and beat well. Add the flour gradually, stirring constantly until it becomes a dough. Let ferment for 15 minutes. Then the dough and place all embedded winding involved. Place on a greased baking sheet and sprinkled and let finish fermenting covered with a cloth for 1 more hour. Bake in hot oven at 200 º C for 30 minutes and another 30 minutes at approximately 160 ° C or until well browned.

DrPop
09-19-13, 11:12 AM
Now THAT looks GOOD! :) I will have to try making some...every once in a while I get the urge to try my hand in the kitchen. And then Kim promptly ushers me out when every pot and pan in the house is dirty after ONE meal! :)) :D

Duke of Buckingham
09-19-13, 03:46 PM
Now THAT looks GOOD! :) I will have to try making some...every once in a while I get the urge to try my hand in the kitchen. And then Kim promptly ushers me out when every pot and pan in the house is dirty after ONE meal! :)) :D

Yeha, I know ... :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_G0qSBypMD7I/TQwhHmr-gKI/AAAAAAAAABk/MynJLdFY6Qw/s1600/men%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bkitchen.jpg

If there is anything you cant understand tell me DP. I am always afraid of this translations in areas that my English is not so good.

DrPop
09-20-13, 03:41 PM
If there is anything you cant understand tell me DP. I am always afraid of this translations in areas that my English is not so good.

I thought you did a great job into English. I'm not used to weighing flour in kg or setting my oven in degrees C, but I think with a little Internet search I can translate those few things in about a minute! :D I'm seriously going to try it tonight when I get home from work. I'll post a pic and let you know how it turns out. And if Kim kicked me out of her kitchen afterwards . . . again! :)) :D

c303a
09-20-13, 05:38 PM
You know DrPop that you can purchase, for a small amount of $'s a scale that weighs things in kg and also a thermometer that you could put into the oven to get a reading in degrees c. *-:)*-:)*-:) Of course you have to be careful as to who sees you weighing white stuff on a scale that says kg's. You never know when SWAT is going to break down your door. X_XX_XX_X
If you like different types of cuisine, I will have to get you a recipe for something called Fritele. An Italian pastry that is rolled out very thin using a pasta machine and cut into diamonds then fried in oil. Drain and then cover with sugar. My wife also makes tortelini from scratch but she stuffs them with beef, pork, chicken, nutmeg all ground up very fine and then she makes a chicken and a beef soup. Drop the pasta in and cook until done.

Duke of Buckingham
09-20-13, 07:33 PM
Yeah that Portuguese bread was a good post but the best Portuguese bread is called BROA and I have never seen this well made elsewhere. In Brazil I ate some BROA that was not bad but it was not so good either. I will try to make a post about how to make BROA step by step and I can guarantee you that is the best bread I ever ate on the more then twenty countries I now.

No I just found a nice site and very detailed in English with other traditional recipes. I hope you like this site. At least is a professional doing it. :)

http://portuguesebreads.blogspot.pt/

zombie67
09-20-13, 07:50 PM
DrPop said:

Creative ineptitude...like a boss. Guarantees you won't be asked to do it ever again. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forum Fiend v1.0.

Duke of Buckingham
09-20-13, 07:58 PM
Creative ineptitude...like a boss. Guarantees you won't be asked to do it ever again. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forum Fiend v1.0.

Dady was making bread again.
http://static.awkwardfamilyphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2010/08/P1010101/2976177786.jpg

DrPop
09-21-13, 02:22 PM
Thanks for all the ideas, guys! :) OK, I will try to upload the result of my experimental Portuguese Folar Bread last night. :D Here goes . . .
Click on the photos for larger view.
Captions for the photos:
1. Trying to figure out how Baking Powder got in there, when didn't show up on the recipe list. Hmmm...also found out 400 C is like 395 F, and 160 C is 320 F. Good to know! :o
2. Enlisted Kim to help me decide on how much yeast I should use (60g is a massive amount of the kind of yeast we have here.) She settled on 2 1/4 teaspoons.
3. Mixing the dough
4. Frying the ground Bacon for "the stuff"
5. Added Parmesan Cheese
6. Rolling out the dough and adding the stuff
7. After 1 hour the ring of dough has risen
8. Finally putting it in the oven
9. The baked loaf
10. YUM! :D
Thank you Duke, that was a fun time. C303a, I will have to make some of your recipes sometime as well. Zombie, I will try to make LESS dirty dishes next time! LOL. ;)

DrPop
09-21-13, 02:23 PM
Photos 6 through 10, click on thumbnail for larger view. :)

Duke of Buckingham
09-21-13, 06:05 PM
It seems good to me. I would make only bigger pieces of all the stuff inside the Folar.

Very good team work with you and Kim that was very nice to see the pictures telling all the story.

This was a nice thread and tank you all for all the nice posts.

I will return with some more soon. :)