PDA

View Full Version : Good price for 570?

cineon_lut
10-12-13, 05:23 PM
I have a 560 I got off of eBay for like $85 and I'm really happy with it. I want to expand my higher end gpus with a budget in mind. Sure id love a Titan or a 7970, but a few of these older cards give some good bang for the buck

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/sys/4113420414.html

Vic (mobile)

Al
10-12-13, 05:44 PM
570s are good cards. $150 is fair and about mid price for what they go for on ebay recently. See if he'll take 135. :D

c303a
10-13-13, 11:13 AM
I have 2 Evga GTX 570's and have to say I like them. I would take a look on EBay and see if you couldn't get one for a little less money especially if the money is a little tight. Also if you look at the part number. If you can find a regular GTX 570 with this # Part Number: 012-P3-1570-AR and it is registered it carries a liftime warranty.EVGA is very good at warranties. I have been upgraded twice from 2x GTX 465 to 2x GTX 470 to GTX 570's because the cards I was returning was out of stock and they also upgraded my second card since I run in SLI mode.

cineon_lut
10-14-13, 02:10 AM
I have 2 Evga GTX 570's and have to say I like them. I would take a look on EBay and see if you couldn't get one for a little less money especially if the money is a little tight. Also if you look at the part number. If you can find a regular GTX 570 with this # Part Number: 012-P3-1570-AR and it is registered it carries a liftime warranty.EVGA is very good at warranties. I have been upgraded twice from 2x GTX 465 to 2x GTX 470 to GTX 570's because the cards I was returning was out of stock and they also upgraded my second card since I run in SLI mode.

Great advice guys. Thanks. I have my eye on a few and can get them for $135 if I decide to tomorrow. Unfortunately the ones with the part numbers mentioned were never registered

I'm wondering though, would I get better performance with an sli setup with 2x570s or two small rigs with a 570 each?

Thanks!

Vic (mobile)

Fire$torm
10-15-13, 05:53 PM
Great advice guys. Thanks. I have my eye on a few and can get them for $135 if I decide to tomorrow. Unfortunately the ones with the part numbers mentioned were never registered

I'm wondering though, would I get better performance with an sli setup with 2x570s or two small rigs with a 570 each?

Thanks!

Vic (mobile)

With small rigs internal heat is less of an issue but your total cost will be slightly higher since yo have to purchase two of each component. But you can scale that down as you can use more of the mid-range "average user" parts. One larger rig with x2 GPUs will tend to make more noise as you will need to push more air through the case to keep things cool. Bigger full tower cases tend to have prices that can rise exponentially for the amount of space you get compared to Mid or mini towers. Also a dual GPU setup should use a much higher quality PSU then a single GPU rig, so that "much higher price for what you get" will apply to that PSU.

Mumps
10-15-13, 06:01 PM
One key point to not miss mentioning is that, as I understand it, BOINC really prefers you *not* run your GPU's in SLI mode.

cineon_lut
10-15-13, 06:10 PM
One key point to not miss mentioning is that, as I understand it, BOINC really prefers you *not* run your GPU's in SLI mode.

Cool. I was curious when I saw people's setups with multiple GPUs in a single box. I guess they're not SLI / Crossfire linked.

I have a swarm of crappy mini HP 5150s that aren't much good other than holding doors open, but an aftermarket power supply (cheap ATX with plenty of power), a AMD Athlon, PCI-e x16, even a 32bit Win XP os, they're proving to be good vehicles to support a GPUs. As long as the moboards don't have leaky caps which many HPs do.

I have a 560 in one now and it pulled about 400k/day on DiRT. They're going to be in the garage where it's always cold (well 48-60 degrees is cold in CA)

I'm expecting the 2 570's I just got to pull like 650k/ea on DiRT by comparison. My GPU capacity should double when I get these running. :)